By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sad Nintendo Wii Owner :( Should I trade it in ? Help me make up my mind...

KylieDog said:
If you liked Twin Snakes you'll hate MGS4.

Highly subjective opinion, stated as matter of fact.

The vast majority of MGS fans, the exact sames players who would have liked Twin Snakes, have loved MGS4.

Around the Network

im in da same position as you man keep the wii, wait til you get the 1080p tv then buy a ps3. You'll thank me later; ps3 games are meant to be played in full hd, the wii will bring games later on dont worry, you'll get the best of both worlds

NintendoFananza said:

I bought Zelda, Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, and Super Smash Brothers.  But I just didn't like any of them.  Over time, I played my Wii less and less and I'm starting to get upset.

lol if you went to all the effort to make an alt account just so you can say that OMG THE WII IS CRAP you could have at least made it believable. There is no way anyone who is actually a nintendo fan would not like those 4 games. its just not possible. On top of that, why would you, if you dont like the wii, create an account with the name "nintendo fananza".

so desperate... its kinda sad

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

ya my wii sits and gets wii fit work, too busy playing 360 ps3 and my new amd 5600 dual core 9800gtx computer with Crysis and damn the 19 in monitor looks so muddled compared to wii on a 19 in tv NOT.

Dude do what you want if your asking us? how do we know what makes you happy.

gee clean underwear or dirty, blond or brunette?? now I got answers for those.

NintendoFananza said:
Well I haven't traded it in yet. I really want to play Mad World, and I think if I trade it in, I am going to regret it. Plus, the motion plus will make games cooler right?

You're too young to play MadWorld.

I can only suggest you trade it in, if there's nothing on there that you're looking forward.

... Or just be patient.

Around the Network

I just love it when everyone thinks it is too incredible to be true that someone doesn't love their Wii!
This thread makes me laugh... Oh, and Soriku; 3rd party games? Really? What is it you Wii owners have been whining about for a year now? (Hint, it concerns lack of good 3rd party software).

Euphoria14 said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
twesterm said:

I never recommend selling a console because you're only going to regret it later.

Here are some games you might like to try:

• Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - I hate the MP and MP2 but I loved this game.  The controls were just fantastic and it's probably the best controlled FPS on a console.
  • Zack & Wiki - My favorite game on the Wii.  The puzzles are just awesome and you'll just love this game.
  • No More Heroes - If you're looking for something different, this is it.
  • Boom Blox - If you think Little Big Planet might be a game for you, give this game a go.  It really is a pretty awesome game.
  • Samba de Amigo - It's should be out this week and it's really a fun game in the same way Guitar Hero is fun.
  • Guitar Hero III - Speaking of Guitar Hero, give this game a go.  If you haven't been burned out on the first two you might just like this one.
  • Resident Evil 4 - One of the best games ever only got better with Wii controls
  • Okami - While the Wii controls don't do a lot for the game, it's still an amazing game especially if you like Zelda games.
  • Excite Truck - Fun quick game to this day I can still play and have a ball with 10-15 minutes at a time when I need a quick pick-me-up.
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids - Don't get both of them, just one is all you need.  The humor in this game is amazing and even better if you have friends to play with.

Also, I don't know where your friends are getting their info but Little Big Planet is nothing like Super Mario World.  The only thing they have in common is that they are both platformers.

Listen to this man.

From readin what the OP already mentioned in this thread he wouldn't care for Metroid Prime, why would he keep it for RE4 when an 80GB gets him RE4 and RE5, never played Excite Truck, but if he wants racing he has plenty to choose from on PS3 as well, 80GB also gets him Okami so scratch that from the list, he did not mention anything on Puzzlers or Music games so I can't comment on those.

Then he wants Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid (also mentioned it was one of his favorites on the Gamecube), Little Big Planet, and not saying he wants it but Guitar Hero III is PS3 also and has DLC so that isn't a good choice for a list either, plus many others if you read all his posts. Couple that with the fact that he has a few of those games available with BC on an 80GB and that list doesn't look quite as good.

I'm not being biased here, I am just going by what the OP prefers, not what users here prefer, and this is how we should respond.

Trading consoles usually means you lose value and have to pony up money for the same, a machine that plays games. The wii might not have HD graphics but it does have good games.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

The Wii seems to be focusing on casual gaming now, and if you don't like it, then Nintendo is not for you any more.

Once you do have an HDTV (HD-Ready is fine) go ahead and buy a PS3. In fact, get the PS3 first. It'll still look good, but not as amazing as it can.

And the majority of the Wii's games are horrible, frankly. While there are a few gems, the ENORMOUS majority are geared towards... I'm not sure who would want to play a game called Duck Hunt, actually. Or who would want to play Medal of honor using motion sensing. Or pay 40 bucks for Jenga.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

You should buy a ps3 and sell your wii games, but not the wii! The wiis future will be awesome and it's going to have a LONG lifetime (even longer than ps2)

NintendoFananza said:

Hey guys, this is my first time posting here. I need your help.  

My parents bought me my Wii for Christmas last year.  I've always loved Nintendo alot.  All the systems I've had (except for my PS2) were Nintendo ones.   But, the Wii is the first one I don't like.  I bought Zelda, Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, and Super Smash Brothers.  But I just didn't like any of them.  Over time, I played my Wii less and less and I'm starting to get upset.

I know this sounds bad, but it feels like Nintendo is selling me the same game for the second time.  Mario Kart Wii, and Smash Brothers I wanted to like, but I can't help but feel cheated on it.  I am sick of Wii Sports, and I hated Wii Fit (yucky), and I am not going to buy Animal Crossing (I have it on the DS).  

So, I am thinking of trading my Wii in and buying a Playstation 3.  I don't own an HDTV, but one of my favorite games on the Gamecube was Twin Snakes, and Snake is so much fun to play in Smash.  I played Uncharted at my Best Friends house and it was soooooooooooooo pretty.  I thought graphics didn't matter till I saw it in real life.  I also tried the Ratchet and Clank Demo out and it looked out of this world :) :). 

I also read that thread about Little Big Planet and how some guy said it was like Super Mario World, and now I think I really want a PS3 :(, is there something wrong with me?

So should I trade in my Wii and get a PS3?  I'm probably going to ask my dad to put it on ebay and buy a 80gb PS3 and put it next to my PS2. I still love Nintendo, and I really can't wait for the Mother 3 translation, but I just feel lost.

I'm extremely late to this thread and haven't read more than the first 10 posts but will add my two pence to the topic.

If you haven't enjoyed the games you mentioned then my suggestion is that you sell your Wii ASAP.  Actually don't sell it now, wait for the Christmas shortages and sell it then for a tidy sum.  We have seen the best games from Nintendo we are going to see this gen (or at least the next 3 years or so) and the only additions I can think of will be Pikmin 3, F Zero and a new Zelda game.  3rd parties are dragging their feet with the Wii so if you don't like the games out from Nintendo (which are not going to be surpassed other than by 3 possible games) then you are better off going for a PS3 as PS360 seems to be where 3rd parties are interested in releasing their big games.

Having said that I find it hard to believe (in fact so hard as to completely doubt your post is even remotely legit) that you could love Nintendo and not like any of Galaxy, Brawl, Mario Kart or Twiglight Princess.  Galaxy is lightyears ahead of Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart Wii is about 10 lightyears ahead of Double Dash.  Twilight Princess is very much equal with Windwaker and you can't sugest it's like more of the same game (otherwise you might as well say Ocarina, Wind Waker, Twighlight Princess are all the same game.  Brawl is quite similar to Melee but how different could a fighting game be from its predecessor and why change a winning formula?  And the online experience makes it sufficiently different from Melee. 

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down