By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sad Nintendo Wii Owner :( Should I trade it in ? Help me make up my mind...

Hey guys, this is my first time posting here. I need your help.  

My parents bought me my Wii for Christmas last year.  I've always loved Nintendo alot.  All the systems I've had (except for my PS2) were Nintendo ones.   But, the Wii is the first one I don't like.  I bought Zelda, Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, and Super Smash Brothers.  But I just didn't like any of them.  Over time, I played my Wii less and less and I'm starting to get upset.

I know this sounds bad, but it feels like Nintendo is selling me the same game for the second time.  Mario Kart Wii, and Smash Brothers I wanted to like, but I can't help but feel cheated on it.  I am sick of Wii Sports, and I hated Wii Fit (yucky), and I am not going to buy Animal Crossing (I have it on the DS).  

So, I am thinking of trading my Wii in and buying a Playstation 3.  I don't own an HDTV, but one of my favorite games on the Gamecube was Twin Snakes, and Snake is so much fun to play in Smash.  I played Uncharted at my Best Friends house and it was soooooooooooooo pretty.  I thought graphics didn't matter till I saw it in real life.  I also tried the Ratchet and Clank Demo out and it looked out of this world :) :). 

I also read that thread about Little Big Planet and how some guy said it was like Super Mario World, and now I think I really want a PS3 :(, is there something wrong with me?

So should I trade in my Wii and get a PS3?  I'm probably going to ask my dad to put it on ebay and buy a 80gb PS3 and put it next to my PS2. I still love Nintendo, and I really can't wait for the Mother 3 translation, but I just feel lost.

Around the Network

I'm still trying to figure out if this is legit or not. If so then go for it.

While I won't pretend to understand where you're coming from, I can tell you this; if you haven't liked what's been released so far, and you don't see anything coming up soon that you want to play, then your console is not for you. Sell it now, while you can still get more than you paid for, and use that money to make yourself happy.

But I must ask why you're making a thread about something you already know you're going to do...

welcome to the site, mr alt account

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

hmmmm....one post....Nintendo in the name.

This won't go over well.

Around the Network

Well I haven't traded it in yet. I really want to play Mad World, and I think if I trade it in, I am going to regret it. Plus, the motion plus will make games cooler right?

well if you like the ps3 you should get that then

I also have 22 game gamecube games. I sold my gamecube before the Wii came out, I don't want to throw them away.

I never recommend selling a console because you're only going to regret it later.

Here are some games you might like to try:

• Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - I hate the MP and MP2 but I loved this game.  The controls were just fantastic and it's probably the best controlled FPS on a console.
  • Zack & Wiki - My favorite game on the Wii.  The puzzles are just awesome and you'll just love this game.
  • No More Heroes - If you're looking for something different, this is it.
  • Boom Blox - If you think Little Big Planet might be a game for you, give this game a go.  It really is a pretty awesome game.
  • Samba de Amigo - It's should be out this week and it's really a fun game in the same way Guitar Hero is fun.
  • Guitar Hero III - Speaking of Guitar Hero, give this game a go.  If you haven't been burned out on the first two you might just like this one.
  • Resident Evil 4 - One of the best games ever only got better with Wii controls
  • Okami - While the Wii controls don't do a lot for the game, it's still an amazing game especially if you like Zelda games.
  • Excite Truck - Fun quick game to this day I can still play and have a ball with 10-15 minutes at a time when I need a quick pick-me-up.
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids - Don't get both of them, just one is all you need.  The humor in this game is amazing and even better if you have friends to play with.

Also, I don't know where your friends are getting their info but Little Big Planet is nothing like Super Mario World.  The only thing they have in common is that they are both platformers.

Don't buy a PS3 until you get an HDTV. Some games are unplayable in SD.

As much as my Sony-fan genes tell me to recommend that you buy it, don't. Not at the expense of another system - you will surely regret it.