By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sad Nintendo Wii Owner :( Should I trade it in ? Help me make up my mind...

NintendoFananza said:
Well I don't like Metroid Prime, never liked it on the gamecube. I was really hoping for a good Mario Kart, but it didn't come out. Alot of those games, I probably won't like. I will probably rent Zak and Wiki before I send it off though.

I don't mind not having backwards compatibility, I already have a PS2. I just read on the internet you can connect your Playstation 3 to a monitor with a special cable, is that true?

As for the Xbox 360, no thanks. I have to use Wifi, the computer upstairs is connected to a router. Also, I really want Metal Gear, Ratchet (I have all the games on PS2 :)), Uncharted, and LITTLEBIGPLANET!!!!!

Are you me in disguise? Other than the having a PS2 part that sounds just like me XD

Around the Network

New thread here!

To connect it your monitor you will most likely need this here.

http://www.xcm.cc/xcm_1080p_vga_box.htm

It is a but pricey, around $80 but you can probably find it a bit cheaper.

Does the monitor have HDMI and support HDCP? If so, you should be able to get by with just an HDMI cable.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Soriku said:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=39727

List of games you might want here.

Who buys a console only for first party games? There's something called third parties. Look into them.

Apparently you do.

-The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

-Super Mario Galaxy

-Wii Sports

However, you only own two ps2 games, and your telling someone to look into 3rd party games? I don't get it.

I was thinking of why I like my Wii, here are my top game recomendations:

Super Paper Mario
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Tales of Symphonia for GC if you don't have it
Pikmin and Pikmin 2 for GV if you don't have it
Fire Emblem path of raidance for GC if you don't have it
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Pikmin 3
Wario Land
Little King's Story

edit- How could I forget Tales of Smyphonia 2? That game is going to be awsome!

Mad World, Super Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes, Zelda TP might also be fun. A few of these games arn't out yet. I would normally say hold onto your Wii, but... I would sell it for $350 this holiday season, buy a PS3 with your savings and ask your parents to buy you a 14-17 inch 720P HDTV. (should be like $300-$500, about as much as if they bought you a PS3) Then next year ask for a Wii for Xmas, and get it for $250 ($200 maybe?) and buy all the games that came out while you didnt have it. Buy em used for $25 muwahha!

Around the Network

I was in the same boat as you a while back but ultimately decided to keep my Wii based on one reason and one reason only. Whenever I have friends over and they play it, they seem to have the time of their lives, therefore I decided to keep it and save up for a PS3. Personally I don't even play my Wii that much anymore. The games aren't my style with the exception of a few, plus I only bought it for Brawl which as you said didn't quite have the longevity that Melee had. I really wish Nintendo would announce a Star Fox game though then I would crank it back up. I'm probably going to get a PS3 around Christmas though because College is my top priority right now.

Friend Code : 2878 - 9590 - 0767

fakE

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

If you can make ATLEAST $250 it might be worth it. But I would caution against selling the biggest console of the generation for a more expensive, less stable one (sales-wise). Since money seems to be an issue perhaps you should look more carefully at the 360, its not my thing but damn its cheap. Sure I see you like MGS4- awesome game, and some other exclusives, but what about what MS has. You surely don't want to be on this board next year hoping to trade a PS3 for a 360.

Another reason to be cautious is price. The PS3 is bound to drop the most in price over the next year or so to stay competitive. Do you really want to buy a console that will go down in cost significantly soon after? On the other hand I suspect Nintendo will keep the Wii at $250 for a VERY long time? It seems likely thay they don't feel a crunch since usually outsell both of their competitors combined.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

XiaoMay said:
fakE

The truth hurts?

Speaking of that, like I've said before, Microsoft only releases the same games over and over

Halo was the start, now EVERY game they make is some kind of futuristic super soldier with cool armor that trys to kill Aliens, humans, an organization of Aliens, or an organization of humans.

So before you open your mouth and say they only release the same stuff, look at the Xbox gamer ideas, and also look up the future Wii titles

Old Brawl code..ask for my new one..