By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which will happen first - PS3 @ 4 million, or Wii @ 10 million?

picsouuu said:
ps3 win . wii is doomed ;)

I lol'd

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
OriGin said:
kber81 said:
naznatips said:
Well, I'll go with Wii. I don't expect HSG5 to boost PS3 sales (at all actually) and there wasn't a price drop in Japan, so they can't get a boost there (the price is already almost $400 there anyway and sales still suck). I do expect Nintendo to ship extra hardware to Japan for DQ:S though which should boost them signifficantly. PS3 sales boosted for the first few days but don't expect them to multiply by 2X for longer than the first week. So yeah, it will be close, but I'll give the Wii an edge.

Hmm, I feel obligated to remind this.

CALL THE CROW!

Is that our new 'crow'?  A few people may start being purposesly wrong in that case... ;)

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

It's a crow calling 'whistle'

you don't wanna know what I thought it was.

Wii number: 2758-1649-6225-4782

Click here to level up my license!

Wow, 4 million and 10 million were remarkably close. Maybe we should make another bet -- PS3 at 8 million or Wii at 22 million first?

Around the Network
TheBigFatJ said:
Wow, 4 million and 10 million were remarkably close. Maybe we should make another bet -- PS3 at 8 million or Wii at 22 million first?

well thats easy. PS3 wins by about half a year.

tombi123 said:
TheBigFatJ said:

It's frightening to say, but I think you're wrong. 0.o

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

tombi123 said:
TheBigFatJ said:

Wii will hit 22 million around abouthalf a year from now, according to Nintendo's financial reports.. So unless the PS3 reaches 8 million tomorrow, I don't see this happening.

In fact, I'll go and say Wii first, until GTAIV. 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

omgwtfbbq said:
tombi123 said:
TheBigFatJ said:

Wii will hit 22 million around abouthalf a year from now, according to Nintendo's financial reports.. So unless the PS3 reaches 8 million tomorrow, I don't see this happening.

In fact, I'll go and say Wii first, until GTAIV. 

Right, so they sell 10m to the costumers in roughly 8-9 months, and then in the next 6 months they sell 12m. You do realise thats 500k a week? Thats more than the DS is selling at the moment. And you actually believe this will happen? I know its supply contraint at the moment but not that much. Nintendo definetly meant sold to retail.

I expect PS3 to hit 8m by he end of the year, late january at the latest, and Wii to hit 22m sold to customer by mid 2008. To say wii will hit 22m before ps3 hits 8m is just ludicrous. I will eat crow for breakfast, lunch and dinner for a month if the wii gets to 22m before ps3 gets to 8m. 

RolStoppable said:

The Wii will hit 22m sold to consumers before the PS3 hits 8m?

Absolutely.

No, it wont happen even if it sells better than it is monthly, it wont even get close to the half a year mark, maybe 18 or 17million but 22million is crazy, the ps3 will hit 8m while the wii is around 14million(my prediction)

mM