By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which will happen first - PS3 @ 4 million, or Wii @ 10 million?

leo-j said:
RolStoppable said:

The Wii will hit 22m sold to consumers before the PS3 hits 8m?

Absolutely.

No, it wont happen even if it sells better than it is monthly, it wont even get close to the half a year mark, maybe 18 or 17million but 22million is crazy, the ps3 will hit 8m while the wii is around 14million(my prediction)

You actually expect the PS3 to sell 4 million before the Wii sells 4 million? Ok...

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
leo-j said:
RolStoppable said:

Absolutely.

No, it wont happen even if it sells better than it is monthly, it wont even get close to the half a year mark, maybe 18 or 17million but 22million is crazy, the ps3 will hit 8m while the wii is around 14million(my prediction)

For this to happen the PS3 would have to sell at least at the same rate as the Wii worldwide from now on. The next thing you claim is that the DS won't hit 60m before the end of this fiscal year?

At latest the Wii should hit 22m sellthrough in March 2008 (so at most 7 months from now on) which is still early enough before the PS3 will hit 8m. 

Thats the thing you dont think ps3 sales will increase at all, stay low, I expect it will hit 8 million around january 08.

mM

And you don't expect the Wii to sell 4 million before the end of the year, despite the fact that it's been selling over a million a month? And with 3 major titles being released? Combined with holiday sales?

I know you're a Sony fanboy, but it just makes you sound foolish to completely ignore reality.

FishyJoe said:
And you don't expect the Wii to sell 4 million before the end of the year, despite the fact that it's been selling over a million a month? And with 3 major titles being released? Combined with holiday sales?

I know you're a Sony fanboy, but it just makes you sound foolish to completely ignore reality.

It seems foolish that you would think the wii will sell over 12million consoles and the ps3 wont be able to sell 4 million firsT? Your a little in and  over your head.

mM
leo-j said:
FishyJoe said:

It seems foolish that you would think the wii will sell over 12million consoles and the ps3 wont be able to sell 4 million firsT? Your a little in and over your head.

Where did I make this claim?

Around the Network
leo-j said:

Say what?   You honestly think they'll sell at the exact same pace from this point forward?  Both 4 million up?

Put the Sony branded crack pipe down.

Even with the recent boost in PS3 hardware, the Wii still doubles it sales wise.  When PS3 hits 8 million, Wii should be nearing 20 million.  I agree that 22 million is too high but 14 million is way to low.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
leo-j said:

Say what?   You honestly think they'll sell at the exact same pace from this point forward?  Both 4 million up?

Put the Sony branded crack pipe down.

Even with the recent boost in PS3 hardware, the Wii still doubles it sales wise.  When PS3 hits 8 million, Wii should be nearing 20 million.  I agree that 22 million is too high but 14 million is way to low.

ehh, no the wii continues to sell 1 m monthly it will take a year for it to hit 22million maybe 23million august 08 ,when the ps3 hits 8 million it will likely be around january the wii would be at exactly 16-17 million. (But the holiday season if they arent stock piling wii's then it will continue its 1 million trend )

mM

Even at only 1 million per month with no holiday stockpiling, that would put them at around 15 million by years end.

RolStoppable said:
leo-j said:
RolStoppable said:

Absolutely.

For this to happen the PS3 would have to sell at least at the same rate as the Wii worldwide from now on. The next thing you claim is that the DS won't hit 60m before the end of this fiscal year?

At latest the Wii should hit 22m sellthrough in March 2008 (so at most 7 months from now on) which is still early enough before the PS3 will hit 8m. 

and Rol you predict that the wii will overtake the 360 in america sales wise by the end of the year. youre predictions are just as outlandish as leo-j's are, in my eyes. 

You seriously underestimate the PS3, it will comfortably be past 8m by march 2008, and i dont see the wii selling 22m by march, i would say May at the earliest.

Premature post