By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Price Cut in 2008 is it possible?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
blazinhead89 said:
2009 Will be HUGE for PS3

LOL my friend, I said the same thing for the PS3 last year in hopes for the PS3 in 2008. :) Keep hope alive.

Well.. it's been bigger than 360s 2008.. so yeah.. it was a pretty big year. By more than a million ;)

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

I still got a hintch that come november we will see a price drop or something to make it a real bargin.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

A smaller price cut is possible though say a $50 price cut on PS3.

Sony's lost way to much money on the system already, they'll wait until next year and hope decreased costs and stronger BluRay and PS3 game sales will help offset the cost.

Sony didn't make much money last quarter, which means the ps3 is still losing to much money to get aggressive with price cuts. And if you believe what they say, they are having a bit of trouble producing the cell chips, so even if they did cut price they wouldn't have that big of an increase in sales because of supply. If they want to make it a better value to lure in customers this holiday season expect them to package in a 1st party game so that they add more value at minimal cost. I am thinking either Ratchet and Clank Future so that people would be enticed to buy Quest for Booty from PSN, or Warhawk/Resistance so that people would be tempted to buy the extra maps from PSN.

Around the Network

they can... without loosing money they can either.

-stop funding sony ericsson, but considering phones like x1, c905 will likely bring profits i don't think they will.
-sell factories they are not using(if there is any), similar to the cell deal with toshiba.
-outwork their engineer and strip the ps3 into pieces removing more stuff, -hdmi, -20gb hdd - wifi.

they are not alarmed though, the 360 with price cut + infinite undiscovery didn't do much, barely outsold the ps3 by 40k.

while the ps3 got close 69k months ago, and 200k+ when mgs4 was released.

they will wait to see how LBP ,resistance, naruto:ns,eteral sonata  vs gears 2 fable 2 last remant

to move it cards.

The only way Sony cuts price is if their own sales plummet. I don't think they are concerned about how 360 is selling. I think they are looking for upward momentum on their platform.

i think US $50 price cut is very likely in October if the XBOX keep winning next 2 weeks also... they can't loose too much and let the momentum be behind XBOX in this holiday season...

So if XBOX wins next two weeks then i m sure there is going to be a price cut... Remember Sony didn't win last week also after the adjustment so they have already lost 2 weeks..

I am willing to state that there will be NO price cut for the rest of 2008 on the PS3. I think they will wait and see what Xbox does then decide what to do in 2009.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

goddog said:
@chichirimuyo... that was only 2 days of a cut this week will show what the 360 cut really did, also the new euro cut should show up in in another week, with japan the way it it, there could be one week where ms takes all three regions over sony

Forgive me if I am wrong, but wasn't the price cut on September 5th? That would make this weeks sales one full week of the price drop, seeing as how last weeks sales reflected just 2 days.

Unless of course you are talking about Japan, which I think had the price drop on the 11th.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!