By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - top 2 flops this gen

How are we defining flop?

Cost to make vs. sales? Pre-release buzz vs sales? Just sales?

Around the Network

I would say Alone in the Dark. Didn't Atari say they wanted to sell 3 million?

Since every fanboy on this site is listing the other console games to make them look bad... I will list games that I have played and have considered them flops...meaning dissapointments.

1. Nights for Wii - First one was amazing, this one was very poor at best. Sales reflect this...

2. Alone in the Dark - While i liked this game quite a lot it had potential to be one of the best games of the year. Once thos epoor reviews hit...game was destined to be a flop.

captain rainbow! And ninjabread man.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Nights(wii)

Too human (X360)

runner ups

Lair (PS3)

Orange box (pc,ps3,X360)

mM
Around the Network

orange box was a flop
REALLY r u serious

How about..

Okami
Fatal Frame IV

Elite beat agents *Cry*, it didn't really flop badly. Reggie expected the game to sell somewhere between 3-400k lifetime overall, but it sold below that. they're still doing a sequel, just glad they will ^_^

Username2324 said:
gebx said:
- Lair (350,000 sold according to VGC)
- Haze (390,000 sold according to VGC)

How long has Haze been out? How about all the other games with less than 400,000? You'll find alot for all 3 systems, but of course you being a 360 fanboy pick out the two PS3 titles.

Your words really don't have much weight, unless you're willing to make a list of games that have been out longer then Haze with $20+ million budgets and that have sold less.

The thread isn't called "Name a flop for each console"... Apparently Haze is such a big flop that everyone seems to forget about Lair. Must be another case of SSMS...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

I hope Star Wars the Force Unleash will be one of those big flops but I think the sheer momentum behind it and people's willingness to swallow anything that boasts star wars force powers will make it do better than it deserves.