By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - top 2 flops this gen

Infinite Undiscovery, Haze, and Lair.

Around the Network
CAL4M1TY said:
For each console:

Wii - Nights - Wasn't that supposed to be a huge return to a dreamcast classic?

PS3 - Lair - Awful, so many bad design choices, not even just the original control scheme (haven't played analog version) but little things like targetting and the map

360 - Too Human - Have yet to play it, but it has to be at least below average if everyone jumped on a few average review scores.

Alone in the Dark is a shocker aswell, I had high hopes for that game but low realistic expectations.

Oh your killing me man, Nights was a sequel to the kick ass Saturn game, not Dreamcast

Gearbox said:
such a pointless thread. haze is a fun game i play every now and then. its no halo or cod or resistance but its still fun just playing comps/.

If they put Ninja Bread Men on the PS3 would you tell yourself that had redeeming qualities too?

Kurakasa said:
How about..

Okami
Fatal Frame IV

Fatal Frame sold already over 70thousand in japan. That's quite good for a Fatal Frame game and better than it PS2 predecessor.

Okami sold almost as much on Wii as on PS2, despite the larger userbase of the PS2.

I would say Haze and Too Human - both had pretty extended developments, quite a bit of hype and both had all the ingredients to actually be good games but managed to screw up (and not sell too well either).

Lair I think for me was always something risky and I find it hard to consider it a flop and any game like that going for all motion control was always looking iffy... and despite the hype I never felt confident that it should deliver... with Haze particularly I expected more and also from Too Human.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

Haze and Too Human.

Haze for being overly hyped by the devs.

Too Human for being rumoured to have a 80-100 million dollar budget.