By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - top 2 flops this gen

Nononononononono fools! All of you are fools.

The top two flops are

Flop 1,999,999,999,999

Flop 2,000,000,000,000

And like always you'll find them on the PS3.

I win.

Tease.

Around the Network

lol@ rock_on - you kiwi, Fatal Frame 4 hasnt even released in most territories yet. Its strongest market is the US.

psrock - considering that the madden wii has sold better than its past iterations, its actually doing better than EA expected

Haze (Biggest Flop thus far this Gen)

Infinite Undiscovery (in NA and EU anyways) All that rpg hype,commericials, forums on how 360 is rpg king. 12.4M and 7.6M install base and a 40k/15k debut is utter pathetic. A simple EA FPS would outsell it easily.

Kurakasa said:
How about..

Okami
Fatal Frame IV

You picked an old PS2 port that's selling about as well as the original, and a game that has outsold its predecessors. Why is that?

Oh, of course, just the usual anti-Wii trolling.

Blood_Tears said:

Infinite Undiscovery (in NA and EU anyways) commericials

there were commercials? O_o

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
bardicverse said:
lol@ rock_on - you kiwi, Fatal Frame 4 hasnt even released in most territories yet. Its strongest market is the US.

psrock - considering that the madden wii has sold better than its past iterations, its actually doing better than EA expected

considering 13mil people own a wii in the US, 100k for Madden in its first week is total failure.  Espacially when people expected it to outsell the 5mil userbase PS3.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Simulacrum said:

Number Two:Viva Pinata!

i dont get it...is this a joke?  its not a very funny one.  you need to try harder in the future.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

perpride said:
jankazimierz said:
Speaking of flops, and the usual hype that preceds them (cause they go from being Highly acclaimed to getting Low reviews, hence the word "flop"...

I find it so absurd that when someone that works at Ign, etc. is previewing a game they hype it up, then 2 or 3 weeks later they give it a poor review! Whats the deal? Did the game all the sudden change so much for the worse?

Example from Lair...

Preview - "Lair is surprisingly easy to pick up and play, and piloting your dragon in the heat of a battle - with swarms of enemies bombarding you from every angle - becomes simple with practice. They're responsive too, and moves such as the quick 180-degree turn, executed by jolting the pad up, means that dogfighting soon becomes second nature." - IGN

Review - "You can jerk the controller to pull off a 180-degree turn, but like all of the Sixaxis controls, I found it horribly unresponsive. Eventually, I just gave up on it -- even though the game refused to let me and had me doing 180s and speed bursts (another wrist-flick move) against my will." - IGN

Whats the deal?!?!!?

haha thats joks.

ive always wondered about that.  its not that i doubt that the game was bad, but where the hell did the great game go?  it was recieving some of the absolute best previews ive seen as soon as it was shown.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

ceaser92 said:

too human

haze

expected/10.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

what constitues a flop? Don't you have to have some parameters to determine this? Otherwise, it's just stupid musings of dumb fanboys.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder