By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - top 2 flops this gen

Onimusha12 said:
I hope Star Wars the Force Unleash will be one of those big flops but I think the sheer momentum behind it and people's willingness to swallow anything that boasts star wars force powers will make it do better than it deserves.

I guarantee you it wont. One of my friends bought the DS version, the PSP version, the 360 version and the Wii version of the game last night. Hes a star wars nut...

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Nights(wii)

Too human (X360)

runner ups

Lair (PS3)

Orange box (pc,ps3,X360)

Eh?! You have me confused. Maybe for the consoles, no one on the consoles likes straight computer ports and vice versa. But it did marvellously on the PC.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Hail to the Chimp
Hellboy

Lair or Haze arent big flops...
Number one:Alone In The Dark!
Number Two:Viva Pinata!Trouble in paradise if you didint get it.

Take my love, take my land..

Speaking of flops, and the usual hype that preceds them (cause they go from being Highly acclaimed to getting Low reviews, hence the word "flop"...

I find it so absurd that when someone that works at Ign, etc. is previewing a game they hype it up, then 2 or 3 weeks later they give it a poor review! Whats the deal? Did the game all the sudden change so much for the worse?

Example from Lair...

Preview - "Lair is surprisingly easy to pick up and play, and piloting your dragon in the heat of a battle - with swarms of enemies bombarding you from every angle - becomes simple with practice. They're responsive too, and moves such as the quick 180-degree turn, executed by jolting the pad up, means that dogfighting soon becomes second nature." - IGN

Review - "You can jerk the controller to pull off a 180-degree turn, but like all of the Sixaxis controls, I found it horribly unresponsive. Eventually, I just gave up on it -- even though the game refused to let me and had me doing 180s and speed bursts (another wrist-flick move) against my will." - IGN

Whats the deal?!?!!?

Around the Network

Too Human - Terrible game after ten years of production.
Haze - I'm not even going to bother explaining...

Hail to the Chimp.
Everyone go check the sales right now.
What a disaster!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Well the candidates for bigger games are.

Too Human
Haze
Alone in the Dark
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Viva Piniata! (what the sequel?)

Candidates for lowkey games would be

Hail to the Chimp
Hellboy
The Incredible Hulk

Games like Alone in the Dark were only anticipated largely by a handful of hardcores while games like Too Human had people insisting it would suck since its first showing with everyone else holding guarded optimism for a good game. HAZE was hyped largely by the industry and the publisher, not so much the fans. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed probably will be seen as the best delivered upon of the games listed inspite of the anticipation that was held for it. I think talk and disclosure of the game's short comings coupled with an overall unimpressed first-impressions held by many for the demos helped cushion the dissapointment so it may be the farthest fremoved from this list of actual flops. It may even sell well. The Star Wars fans (a classification often overlapping with the perenial hardcore gamer) desperately wanted to play anything that boasts lightsaber combos and force powers in a new or unique manner so long as the end product iss academically playable. The game also seems to have become a poster child for the HD gaming crowd who wants to prove the much more anticipated Wii version is no match for the HD version.

jankazimierz said:
Speaking of flops, and the usual hype that preceds them (cause they go from being Highly acclaimed to getting Low reviews, hence the word "flop"...

I find it so absurd that when someone that works at Ign, etc. is previewing a game they hype it up, then 2 or 3 weeks later they give it a poor review! Whats the deal? Did the game all the sudden change so much for the worse?

Example from Lair...

Preview - "Lair is surprisingly easy to pick up and play, and piloting your dragon in the heat of a battle - with swarms of enemies bombarding you from every angle - becomes simple with practice. They're responsive too, and moves such as the quick 180-degree turn, executed by jolting the pad up, means that dogfighting soon becomes second nature." - IGN

Review - "You can jerk the controller to pull off a 180-degree turn, but like all of the Sixaxis controls, I found it horribly unresponsive. Eventually, I just gave up on it -- even though the game refused to let me and had me doing 180s and speed bursts (another wrist-flick move) against my will." - IGN

Whats the deal?!?!!?

haha thats joks.

Madden wii, LAIR.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)