By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - top 2 flops this gen

psrock said:
bardicverse said:
lol@ rock_on - you kiwi, Fatal Frame 4 hasnt even released in most territories yet. Its strongest market is the US.

psrock - considering that the madden wii has sold better than its past iterations, its actually doing better than EA expected

considering 13mil people own a wii in the US, 100k for Madden in its first week is total failure. Espacially when people expected it to outsell the 5mil userbase PS3.

That's a pretty incorrect pretense. No developer expects to hit 50% attatchment, on any platform. Its a huge success if it does. So half of 13 mil is 6.5 mil. Most developers are very happy with a 25% attachment, which would be 3.25 mil US lifetime sales. As the Wii version of Madden has the strongest legs/smallest dropoff thus far, it may very well carry through and past the holiday season and make that mark. I don't know what "people" you are referring to, but EA never expected/expects Madden Wii to pass a mil.

Godot - Ah dammit. I didn't notice that. Kurakasa's the abortion poster boy. LOL

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
Simulacrum said:

Number Two:Viva Pinata!

i dont get it...is this a joke?  its not a very funny one.  you need to try harder in the future.

I meant Trouble in paradise.Come on, think sec.

Take my love, take my land..

Username2324 said:
gebx said:
- Lair (350,000 sold according to VGC)
- Haze (390,000 sold according to VGC)

How long has Haze been out? How about all the other games with less than 400,000? You'll find alot for all 3 systems, but of course you being a 360 fanboy pick out the two PS3 titles.

Well the fact that there are tons of games that have sold less than 400,000 is irrelevant. Flop has to be considered taking into account the circumstances of the game such as development costs, expectations of the developer, hype.  Using football as an example if Brazil finished 3rd in their group in the world cup and went out in the 1st round while Saudi Arabia finished last in that same group and lost 4-0 to Brazil you would still consider Brazil to have been a much much bigger flop than Saudi Arabia who they finished ahead of because Brazil would have been expected to get to the Semi Finals or at least Quarters while no one would have given Saudi a chance of making it past the group stage.

I don't know much about Haze but if it cost like $20 million to make and advertise and the developer expected it to a few million and so did vg forum users and it ends up selling 500,000 then it is a much much bigger flop than a game like say Harvest Moon that sells 100,000.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Godot said:
bardicverse said:
lol@ rock_on - you kiwi, Fatal Frame 4 hasnt even released in most territories yet. Its strongest market is the US.

psrock - considering that the madden wii has sold better than its past iterations, its actually doing better than EA expected

It's not even rock_on, it's a troll called kurakasa with rock_on's avatar to protest his ban or something. Don't bother replying.

Are you sure it's not just an alternate account he uses while banned

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

For each console:

Wii - Nights - Wasn't that supposed to be a huge return to a dreamcast classic?

PS3 - Lair - Awful, so many bad design choices, not even just the original control scheme (haven't played analog version) but little things like targetting and the map

360 - Too Human - Have yet to play it, but it has to be at least below average if everyone jumped on a few average review scores.

Alone in the Dark is a shocker aswell, I had high hopes for that game but low realistic expectations.

Around the Network

If the PS3 version of Alone in the Dark isn't out yet I imagine they're going to work damn hard to try and fix everything that made the game suck so they at least get one successful version of the game out.

Too Human and Haze? Hmm. When I saw the title I was thinking "Lair, and some other game."
Lair might as well have been called "flop", it's the first name I think of whenever I hear it.

Too Human/Haze

such a pointless thread. haze is a fun game i play every now and then. its no halo or cod or resistance but its still fun just playing comps/.

peachbuggy said:
captain rainbow! And ninjabread man.

Ok I'm sorry but I can't let this one pass NinjaBread man was an epic success it sold wayyy more then the developer ever expected and even SOLD OUT on it's first week. It did so well that they are making a sequal!

http://wii.kombo.com/article.php?artid=12182 <--- NinjaBread Man 2!

http://www.ameinfo.com/167236.html <-- DDI that "successful video games publisher" expanding to the middle east

(note : I haven't actually played the game, but I'm sure it's far better then those anti-wii reviewers make it out to be, it even got a star rating on amazon.co.uk)

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331