By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Wars the Force Unleashed... Good God...

exnoctem said:
Ok guys, im a few hours in and basically so far its a cool and fun game. Graphics wise its not too impressive, but the gameplay is pretty darned solid and fun. The camera on the other hand is pretty terrible... making the darth desolus fight and junk planet WAY to irritating for its own good....

All in all, id say IGN nailed it with the 7.8 rating. The motion controls rock and they are a lot of fun but it looks like this game would have been a lot better with some more time and attention from the developers.

on a nitpicking note i think they make you too powerful in the beggining of the game. Id think that there would be a greater sense of accomplishment if you unlocked your force powers as you progress. Like for instance you have force push and lighting from the start, and while you can power it up the enemies get stronger too therefor negating any real bonus you get.

anyways, fun game so far... worth picking up in my mind.

Did you played No More Heroes? Which one you'd recommend?

Note: I'm not a Star Wars fan =)

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Around the Network
Onimusha12 said:

Putting aside the abismal graphics on the Wii version of this game, Star Wars the Force Unleashed is perhaps one of the most amateurish poorly executed games I've played since Dragon Blade for the Wii.

Sound & Audio:
- The music is painfully unremarkable and generic, copy and pasted from the movies themselves fading in and out awkwardly during the game like a cheap cassette tape all too often competing with the equally weak voice acting. The sound affects are just pathetic and in most cases just blurt out of no where like a crackling VHS tape with poor transitions from one level to another. It's almost as if they used cheap midi files for the game.
- The Voice acting is bland and emotionless, lines and dialogue are abrupt and seem to intentionally try to kill any possible impact they could have in their delivery. It's just so unprofessional and lazy it's hard to describe.

Graphics:
- I wasn't expecting this game to take full use of the Wii's graphical potential from the start, but what I witnessed was a new low for even early PS2 expectations. I mean bleached colors and almost non-existant textures, no hardware shaders what-so-ever, extremely rough and unpolished models, with polygons cutting into eachother. Alliasing? Trust me, Alliasing is the last thing you will have to worry about in the trainwreck that is this game's graphics and model animations.

Game Physics
- Model animations, interactions between objects, body gestures and character mannerisms... embarassing for even for games preceeding motion tracking, stuff just kind of falling on things as if they're clipping into eachother rather than actually interacting with one another. There is no sense of impact, no sense of any real interaction, the game's physics can best be described as sex with a half inch thick condom in zero gravity.

Game Play
- The gameplay isn't terrible, but again I have to come back to the condom in zero gravity analogy. There is no real steady progression of learning how to use the controls in this game and before you can even become familiar with them they start slapping new combos on you filling your dance card with a meriad of complex move sets that just become a confusing mess to try and make sense of in the midst of battle. The combat is awkard, distant and clumsy. The enemies are generic, the scenarios are generic, the combat is frustrating and numb.

Story
- The story is abrupt, clumsy and like everything else in this game, painfully awkward. It's not bad, but it's told with all the tact of novice fanfiction with as little dialogue as possible. There is no real build up, no real character development, just point A to point B progression which is shocking considering how much they bragged up this being a pseudo-film experience in the behind the scenes interviews.

Presentation:
- It's hard to believe something hailing from a franchise known as a Cinematic Masterpiece could present such lack luster and embarassingly amatuer production. The concept of cinematics or cinematic presentation are non-existent in this game, scenes just awkwardly trip into one another with abrupt gaps of silence or other audio curiousities greeting the viewer expecting maybe something professional like a clean sweep or a fade out. This game is stunning in just how poorly it is put together and what is handed to the player as a Star Wars experience. 

How in god's name could any reviewer give this game a score higher than a 6.5 is beyond me. Having played the 360 version too at a friends house I can tell you the above issues are only slightly less bad on the HD versions, which I assure you are very much the same mediocre and underwhelming product.

No this is not a rolstopable type joke thread, this game genuinely sucks. Rent it if you dare, but for god sake don't buy it.

But but... What about all the Wii fans that said over and over again that the Wii version would be the best version released???

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

|_emmiwinks said:

But but... What about all the Wii fans that said over and over again that the Wii version would be the best version released???

Sadly, that still holds true. Seems like the HD versions are even worst

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

To each there own. I am loving the game! (PS3 version). I am to big of a star wars fan to let reviews taint my enjoyment of this game! :)

carlos710 said:
|_emmiwinks said:

Sadly, that still holds true. Seems like the HD versions are even worst

I really hated the Wii version...as I said earlier.  I'm truly enjoying the PS3 version.  It's gonna be a matter of opinion and I doubt there will ever be any sort of concensus on the "best" version.  IMO, the PS3 version (and 360) deserved around an 8.  The Wii version, around a 4 or 5.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Around the Network
|_emmiwinks said:
Onimusha12 said:

Putting aside the abismal graphics on the Wii version of this game, Star Wars the Force Unleashed is perhaps one of the most amateurish poorly executed games I've played since Dragon Blade for the Wii.

Sound & Audio:
- The music is painfully unremarkable and generic, copy and pasted from the movies themselves fading in and out awkwardly during the game like a cheap cassette tape all too often competing with the equally weak voice acting. The sound affects are just pathetic and in most cases just blurt out of no where like a crackling VHS tape with poor transitions from one level to another. It's almost as if they used cheap midi files for the game.
- The Voice acting is bland and emotionless, lines and dialogue are abrupt and seem to intentionally try to kill any possible impact they could have in their delivery. It's just so unprofessional and lazy it's hard to describe.

Graphics:
- I wasn't expecting this game to take full use of the Wii's graphical potential from the start, but what I witnessed was a new low for even early PS2 expectations. I mean bleached colors and almost non-existant textures, no hardware shaders what-so-ever, extremely rough and unpolished models, with polygons cutting into eachother. Alliasing? Trust me, Alliasing is the last thing you will have to worry about in the trainwreck that is this game's graphics and model animations.

Game Physics
- Model animations, interactions between objects, body gestures and character mannerisms... embarassing for even for games preceeding motion tracking, stuff just kind of falling on things as if they're clipping into eachother rather than actually interacting with one another. There is no sense of impact, no sense of any real interaction, the game's physics can best be described as sex with a half inch thick condom in zero gravity.

Game Play
- The gameplay isn't terrible, but again I have to come back to the condom in zero gravity analogy. There is no real steady progression of learning how to use the controls in this game and before you can even become familiar with them they start slapping new combos on you filling your dance card with a meriad of complex move sets that just become a confusing mess to try and make sense of in the midst of battle. The combat is awkard, distant and clumsy. The enemies are generic, the scenarios are generic, the combat is frustrating and numb.

Story
- The story is abrupt, clumsy and like everything else in this game, painfully awkward. It's not bad, but it's told with all the tact of novice fanfiction with as little dialogue as possible. There is no real build up, no real character development, just point A to point B progression which is shocking considering how much they bragged up this being a pseudo-film experience in the behind the scenes interviews.

Presentation:
- It's hard to believe something hailing from a franchise known as a Cinematic Masterpiece could present such lack luster and embarassingly amatuer production. The concept of cinematics or cinematic presentation are non-existent in this game, scenes just awkwardly trip into one another with abrupt gaps of silence or other audio curiousities greeting the viewer expecting maybe something professional like a clean sweep or a fade out. This game is stunning in just how poorly it is put together and what is handed to the player as a Star Wars experience. 

How in god's name could any reviewer give this game a score higher than a 6.5 is beyond me. Having played the 360 version too at a friends house I can tell you the above issues are only slightly less bad on the HD versions, which I assure you are very much the same mediocre and underwhelming product.

No this is not a rolstopable type joke thread, this game genuinely sucks. Rent it if you dare, but for god sake don't buy it.

The Wii Version is the Best Version, it's just that the game sucks that bad. The HD graphics at best will allow gamers with poor enough judgement to pretend its a worthwhile game.

what's with all the HD fanboys trying to turn this into a Wii bash fest? It's not like you're actually ever going to try the Wii version to know the difference. Most of you will just swallow whatever the industry forces you down on your knees to take so long as it came with a HD graphics chaser.

Soma said:

Yeah, ive played no more heroes and it is a MUCH better game than this. IMO No More Heroes is one of the coolest games of this generation.

While i think the combat is a little more Visceral and Fun in SW:TFU, NMH is TOTALLY a more enjoyable game.

F@ck Ubisoft and their commitment to Wii shovelware.

the Wii and psp version are basicly the same even graphicly...

Cueil said:
the Wii and psp version are basicly the same even graphicly...

Watch the trolling-flamebaiting. You´re warned.

exnoctem said:
Soma said:

Yeah, ive played no more heroes and it is a MUCH better game than this. IMO No More Heroes is one of the coolest games of this generation.

While i think the combat is a little more Visceral and Fun in SW:TFU, NMH is TOTALLY a more enjoyable game.

Great! I'll be getting No More Heroes soon. Anyway I may rent Star Wars. Thanks!

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069