By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Wars the Force Unleashed... Good God...

I think this game will do better on the Hd consoles because the better graphics combined with the overall willingness to accept lesser quality games by that demographic seems to be what Lucas Arts and Krome were going for on this game. A half-assed project (that for some reason was delayed 8 months just to give us this) which sold itself on the gimick of being able to do stuff with force powers.

It's the kind of "sell a game on one gimmick while the rest is fairly unreeding" that has become so common in Western developers this generation and the mainstay standard of most lesser quality titles on the HD consoles.

Around the Network
dougsdad0629 said:
Words couldn't describe how disappointed and underwhelmed I was by the Wii version. The guy at Gamestop was cool about it though and let me return it for the PS3 version instead. I'm having a lot more fun. I thought the Wii-motion controls would make this game a blast. It turns out that I was wrong.

I've played both the 360 and PS3 versions in the last day at my friend's house and at the game store's demo tv, neither are any better. Stop trying to trick people into thinking the HD versions are better in any regard other than graphics. You're the only person in this thread trying to hype the PS3 version.

Game Reviewers who are traditionally pro-HD versions even gave the Wii version a higher score, that tells you something.

Kind of bad that this game didn't turn out so great. Lucas Arts spent a lot of money on it and not just the video games but the graphic novel and book and other media. I'm going to hold my breath that theStar Wars Live Action tv series turns out to be good (is it actually ever going to happen?), but after this and The Clone Wars my expectations for awesome things to come in the Star Wars Universe is about to reach an all time low.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

BengaBenga said:
Cueil said:
the Wii and psp version are basicly the same even graphicly...

Watch the trolling-flamebaiting. You´re warned.

actually he's NOT trolling..the game DOES look like a PSP game..the Wii version is pretty much a PSP port with Wii controls

if you don't believe me compare the screenshots..

it's the truth..Lucasarts didn't allow Krome to do more than that...

it's horrible..

I'm a few hours into the Wii version of the game and I like it. The motion controls are good and the Sith powers are cool. Sure the game is a little glitchy and the camera sucks but it's fun killing zillions of enemies with a lightsaber by swinging the Wii Remote instead of mashing buttons. I also think that the versus mode is a cool addition. People really need to lighten up. I think that the IGN review is pretty accurate. It's fun but flawed. If your a Star Wars fan you'll like it.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
Onimusha12 said:

I think this game will do better on the Hd consoles because the better graphics combined with the overall willingness to accept lesser quality games by that demographic seems to be what Lucas Arts and Krome were going for on this game. A half-assed project (that for some reason was delayed 8 months just to give us this) which sold itself on the gimick of being able to do stuff with force powers.

It's the kind of "sell a game on one gimmick while the rest is fairly unreeding" that has become so common in Western developers this generation and the mainstay standard of most lesser quality titles on the HD consoles

Carnival Games and Mario and Sonic at the Olympics games called to say 'Hi'.

Stop bashing HD console owners for supposedly poor taste in game when the Wii has 2 multi million sellers such as those....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:

Stop bashing HD console owners for supposedly poor taste in game when the Wii has 2 multi million sellers such as those....

Two wrongs don't make a right.  Poor taste is poor taste regardless of what other console owners' tastes are.

Rather than a pathetic comeback insulting another system, it would have been more interesting had you quoted numbers of good games which sold well proving good taste among HD console owners (not hard to find these numbers on a sales website). 

Of course, that would take a little effort on your part as it's nowhere near as easy as just spitting out an insult.

well, i've just played the game, gameplay rocks, graphics suck as hell!!
(even for me, i don't really care that much about graphics but it's overdone)

the graphics seem like Ps2, and after playing great Wii games for 2 years, watching these graphics on Wii all at once is somehow shocking!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

The choice is a weak game with a weak Star Wars story with the following:

PS3/360 - better graphics and sounds and looks more 'Star Warsy' to me as a result

Wii - swing that saber and fight a mate! But get worse graphics.

I have to say overall the game is weaker than PC games like Jedi Knight: Outcast, etc. which had better focus, better SP campaigns and essentially same force powers with the massive plus of true online MP. What's even funnier is this game releasing so much later than those games, the devs saying the thing wouldn't run on PCs and yet those games played better and had more features.

Having tried it out now on PS3 and Wii I have to say I think its a 65% - very disappointing. You should have played as Vader throughout it would have been far more interesting and there should have been a really fun MP.

But you know, the latest Star Wars films were sucky, they released and even suckier kids carton version recently so it's hard to be surprised that the latest Star Wars game has turned out to be sucky too.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Ive played the demo(PS3) and to be honest there was camera & control issues

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups