By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Wars the Force Unleashed... Good God...

Beja-Beja said:
so much for definitive version eh?

Oh, the Wii version is still very much the definitive version. The game just sucks regardless though.

Around the Network

I returned my pre-order and will just rent it. This went from a first day sale to a first month rental. If I like it after that then I will buy it. There are to many negative comments coming from regular players to make me want to spend 60 bones without a test run.

bought the Wii version today, and Im not too impressed so far, only 2 levels in, but all in all its a meh experience.

Onimusha12 said:
Munkeh111 said:
I really enjoyed the demo, so nothing is going to put me off getting it, my copy is coming on Friday (though on Xbox not Wii)

That's fine, lots of gamers have much lower standards in what they'll accept.

It is not lower standards, but different standards. For me, the gameplay was fun, as I enjoy jumping around chucking storm troopers around, and then inpaling them, and I am not interested in how varied the combos are, because I am too busy electrocuting someone. However, this game is going to have an awesome story, and I love Star Wars, so that is a major bonus

Onimusha12 said:
Beja-Beja said:
so much for definitive version eh?

Oh, the Wii version is still very much the definitive version. The game just sucks regardless though.

Dang you're making this hard for me cause I pre-ordered it, first game I ever did that for. I may have to do like Soma, and shift those funds over to No More Heroes. =/

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
Onimusha12 said:
Munkeh111 said:
I really enjoyed the demo, so nothing is going to put me off getting it, my copy is coming on Friday (though on Xbox not Wii)

That's fine, lots of gamers have much lower standards in what they'll accept.

It is not lower standards, but different standards. For me, the gameplay was fun, as I enjoy jumping around chucking storm troopers around, and then inpaling them, and I am not interested in how varied the combos are, because I am too busy electrocuting someone. However, this game is going to have an awesome story, and I love Star Wars, so that is a major bonus

I'm sorry to inform you but this game will not have an awesome story, it's perhaps one of the most pitiful excuses for a story I've ever been through. This game will get old fast and you will regret your decision, I assure you.

Ok guys, im a few hours in and basically so far its a cool and fun game. Graphics wise its not too impressive, but the gameplay is pretty darned solid and fun. The camera on the other hand is pretty terrible... making the darth desolus fight and junk planet WAY to irritating for its own good....

All in all, id say IGN nailed it with the 7.8 rating. The motion controls rock and they are a lot of fun but it looks like this game would have been a lot better with some more time and attention from the developers.

on a nitpicking note i think they make you too powerful in the beggining of the game. Id think that there would be a greater sense of accomplishment if you unlocked your force powers as you progress. Like for instance you have force push and lighting from the start, and while you can power it up the enemies get stronger too therefor negating any real bonus you get.

anyways, fun game so far... worth picking up in my mind.

F@ck Ubisoft and their commitment to Wii shovelware.

Words couldn't describe how disappointed and underwhelmed I was by the Wii version. The guy at Gamestop was cool about it though and let me return it for the PS3 version instead. I'm having a lot more fun. I thought the Wii-motion controls would make this game a blast. It turns out that I was wrong.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

I was not sure about this or Clone Wars for the Wii..

but form your review....I don't want it anymore

the reason I wanted it was force power..

but damn! sex with a 1 inch thick condom in zero gravity...well

Imma pass

For those who are curious about what other reviewers have to say: Gamespy also gave the Wii version a higher score than the HD versions (3.5/5 versus 3/5, respectively). Aside from that terrible (as in, the content of the review in addition to the score) Gamespot review, all signs point to the Wii version being the best one. Too bad the underlying game is sort of "eh."

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom