By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (PS3) Fanboyism growing stronger ?

RolStoppable said:
The Wii is my life. I would take a bullet for Nintendo.

How the hell could you say something like this?! Even though you brought the machine for $250+ and currently own it, it seems like the machine owns you

Around the Network

Pratically no WII fanboyism

OMG LOL.

I say ps3 fanboys are the worse, followed by starcraft...I mean xbox360 fanboys. (I am joking starcraft)! Ya Wii fanboyism is  smaller, but you have a lot of Nintendo fans on this site.

Also I own all three! I WIN!

To be honest I don't mind Wii fanboys even though I have disliked the Wii personally an increasing amount ever since the last E3 conference where they talked about how they advertise on the view and want to develop games like Wii music. I will buy a Wii again (I sold mine recently) if they pull it together and start making games worth playing again. I've had Nintendo systems for at least 20 years and I'm 99.9% sure they will, just not until sometime next year.

I don't like the Wii as it stands now, but I understand why other people like it or even prefer it to the PS3. It's not like there is a 1:1 relationship between the PS3 and the Wii like there is for the PS3 and the 360. It isn't like someone can say "oh yah, there are games JUST like the games on the Wii but with better graphics and gameplay!" since there just aren't. Someone can say Halo 3 and PS3 fans can raise them a MGS4, but if a Wii fan says Mario Kart or Smash Brothers or Mario Galaxy what is there to counter those games with thus far? Nothing currently released really except maybe Ratchet and Clank.

If someone really likes games like Mario then the Wii is just the best console for them, there isn't really an argument that can be made for superiority from either the 360 or PS3 perspective. It's like trying to argue with someone who loves muscle cars about how they should give a Honda Civic a try or trying to argue with someone who really likes coke about the superiority of Pepsi. The Wii and the HD consoles are drastically different in terms of their library and thus the Wii fanboys are more or less benign. I don't like their console much, but its not like I can tell them mine is superior since we're looking for different things in our games.

360 fanboys on the other hand quite simply have an inferior hardcore gamer console. The upcoming games aren't as good, the recent games aren't as good (there hasn't been a really good AAA type release for the 360 since Halo 3 over a year ago) and the console is worse in every way except price.

The Hard drive is smaller and not easily replacable with cheap 3rd party hard drives (just super expensive and small 1st party stuff)

the graphics of 360 only games pale before the graphics of PS3 exclusive games like Uncharted, MGS4 and the like, the console is super unreliable in contrast with the PS3's (and the Wii's for that matter) iron clad reliability.

There is no built in wireless, no blu ray, online play which is just equal to the PS3's online play costs 50 bucks a year...

I mean the 360 is a clone of the PS brand but inferior in every single way. It caters to the same market of HD fans who like what could be called "hardcore" games but serves them far better. As a bonus the PS brand goes beyond just those games to releases like Ratchet and Clank, Singstar, Little Big Planet and the Eyetoy to target people who are not pure Call of Duty 4 type gamers.

There is no argument about why the Wii is better then the PS3 or vice versa, since its really a taste thing, they're both well made for their market segments. There are many arguments for why the PS3 is superior to the 360 in every way. That is why I prefer Wii fanboys, I may question their tastes but I don't question their judgment, for 360 fans its quite the opposite.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

jerseyboy609 said:
RolStoppable said:
The Wii is my life. I would take a bullet for Nintendo.

How the hell could you say something like this?! Even though you brought the machine for $250+ and currently own it, it seems like the machine owns you

Rol you still have it in you!

Around the Network
Sardauk said:
CAL4M1TY said:
starcraft said:
You were doing so well until no Wii Fanboyism.

I feel the same way.

Wii fanboys exist, they just don't have to say anything about the pro's of their console because it's winning.

It's like in the PS2-Xbox-Gamecube era, PS2 fanboys were the least proactive because they were winning, doesn't mean they don't exist.

Yes it is indeed a different style 

I still don't see the usual PS3 Fanboys counter-attacking... afraid of facing the Wii legion ? The 360 is an easier target apparently ...

Afraid of facing the Wii legion? I laugh at them as they have NOTHING to be proud of really. The only thing the Wii does well is sell. And who benefits and has bragging rights because of it? Nintendo. Who will continue on the same path later on? Nintendo.

PS3 fanboys can be proud as their system is ganing a fantastic library and is gaining a strong momentum.

360 fanboys can be proud of having a terrific online community, and a kickass+diverse library.

My advice to Wii fanboys is to be quiet and not make a joke out of themselves... At least not until the Wii has a decent library. Not the 90% shovelware library it has now.

agreed kurakasa. wii fanboys are the worst. they get away with anything thanks to wii biased vgchartz.

No, no, it's not PS3 Fanboyism, it's realism.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

There's a lot of bitterness in this thread.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

PS3 Fanboys is getting worse........