By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (PS3) Fanboyism growing stronger ?

amp316 said:
Wow. The Wii library has a lot of crap. It reminds me of the first two Playstation systems or whatever console was leading at the time. The hottest console gets the most crap always because people are trying to make a buck. Those of you old enough remember a lot of garbage on the Atari I'm sure. It's how it goes. If Microsoft's system was number one then all of the crap would invade that system. This is the nature of the beast. If you have the number one system, you have to swim through the trash heap to get to the golden nuggets. I'm not saying that the Wii doesn't have a lot of great games. It does. It's just fans of the other systems want to concentrate on games like Ninjabread Man which actually came out for the PS2 originally.

The Wii has a bigger shovelware vs quality game ratio than the PS2.

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:

Didn't we see iterations of these games last gen....and the gen before that?

When the Wii got new IPs....they flopped hard. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The reuse of their typical first party isn't what's making it sell, otherwise the GCN and the 64 would have DOMINATED the competition.

To be fair, the "hardcore" titles (FFs, Gran Turismos, GTAs) aren't what sold the PS1/PS2 either, otherwise the HD consoles would have dominated the Wii.

OT: What Oyvoyvoyv said.

Xen said:
amp316 said:
Wow. The Wii library has a lot of crap. It reminds me of the first two Playstation systems or whatever console was leading at the time. The hottest console gets the most crap always because people are trying to make a buck. Those of you old enough remember a lot of garbage on the Atari I'm sure. It's how it goes. If Microsoft's system was number one then all of the crap would invade that system. This is the nature of the beast. If you have the number one system, you have to swim through the trash heap to get to the golden nuggets. I'm not saying that the Wii doesn't have a lot of great games. It does. It's just fans of the other systems want to concentrate on games like Ninjabread Man which actually came out for the PS2 originally.

The Wii has a bigger shovelware vs quality game ratio than the PS2.

This is not true.  I have seen statistics and they are very similar.  Your one sentence "I don't like the Wii" responses are beginning to annoy me.  Try to be a little more creative.  If you want to get technical the Gamecube had a much better quality title to shovelware ratio over the PS2.  See that was creative. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Thank you VG Chartz for your continuing fanboyism.

Thread locked.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.