Forums - PC Discussion - Your Thoughts On Internet Explorer 7

its too slow even in a dual core.
trying to open sites like animepaper are a pain

Around the Network
reask said:
KohlyKohl said:
reask said:
IllegalPaladin said:
I'd rather just stick with Firefox to be honest.

I keep hearing about it but am afraid to change.

I've never used anything else only IE but this is actually looking ok.

Another site I frequent is using a firefox programme for its thread section so I can't even see it.

I suppose it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

No one is saying you have to use only Firefox. The power of a computer is the ability to try out an application first before you commit to it. Make a slow change by downloading Firefox, installing it and maybe using it a few times a week. If you like it, you can begin using it more. If not, just uninstall it.

Oh can I run both at the same time?

If so that would be grand.

Oh heck yeah, i have IE7, Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome all installed, I like to test things out on computers constantly, but firefox 3 is my fav.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

Thanks for the info everyone I am going to try it.
Firefox that is.

IE7 is okay.

It's not bad. But it's very virus prone. Fx had tabs long before IE ever did as well.

Snesboy said:
IE7 is okay.

It's not bad. But it's very virus prone. Fx had tabs long before IE ever did as well.

Funny thing is I know it has it's faults but for the most part I find it fairly user freindly.

Around the Network

It still sucks a big dick.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

IE 7 is better than IE 8 (which is bad even for a MS beta), but not as good as Firefox. Firefox has had tabbed browsing long before IE.

jlauro said:
IE 7 is better than IE 8 (which is bad even for a MS beta), but not as good as Firefox. Firefox has had tabbed browsing long before IE.

And Opera long before that.

Why is it that people always seem to ignore the best browser?

EDIT:

GET PROCESS TAMER IF YOU GET FIREFOX. IT STILL EATS RAM.

For advanced users*:
Firefox >> Google chrome >>>>> IE7

For casual users**:

Google Chrome > Firefox >>>>>>>> IE7

* = You want a balance of good speed, a plethora of optional features (like add-ons), and security.
** = You just want it to be extremely fast, crash as little as possible, and have good basic browser features (like tabs).

Opera > Firefox > IE

Chrome was horrid.