By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Your Thoughts On Internet Explorer 7

IE7 represented a step in the right direction for Microsoft, and IE8 is shaping up to represent another. These are good things. However, it's important not to lose sight of just how far IE has to go.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:
DrStephenTColbert said:
If you drink the punch you'll find that IE is great. No need to switch....Disregard reports of other browsers

I see no proof of qualifications, therefore you're not a doctor, therefore we don't have to listen to your advice, nor do we need to talk quietly in your house.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_colbert  under awards and honors.  And don't worry about talking quietly in my house.  There are high walls surrounding my community!

For me IE7 is very slow and crashes almost everytime I try to load two pages at once. I'm just going to keep using netscape (I know netscape is out of commision and keeps tellling me to change to firefox but I like it). IE7 is moving slightly faster since I updated the flash this morning but still...

Well I am now using firefox after doing this thread and I cannot believe the difference.

It is at least twice as fast as IE7.

Taking into account the reason I done this thread in the first place I am just so pleased.