By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Your Thoughts On Internet Explorer 7

SamuelRSmith said:
Xen said:
Opera > Firefox > IE

Chrome was horrid.

Three cheers for Xen!

Oh thank you :)

Also, thank you for posting the article about why Opera is better than any other browser...

Around the Network
Xen said:
SamuelRSmith said:
Xen said:
Opera > Firefox > IE

Chrome was horrid.

Three cheers for Xen!

Also, thank you for posting the article about why Opera is better than any other browser...

My fingers hurt.

I Love the new IE8 its still a beta though

Anything is better than IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, hell probably even Netscape.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

IE 7 is horrible. It's extremely slow loading up and slows down page loading times too. Ask yourself this: if Internet Explorer wasn't bundled with every PC and thus, the default browser for every pc, would it still be as widely used? Chances are, it'd be in about 3rd, possibly 4th place. That's a moot point though.

Google Chrome has it's issues, such as random crashing, random slowdowns, etc. As a whole, if you keep your temporary internet files somewhat in check and let the browser fully load before you try to bring up a page, it's a much better web browser, even with the problems I stated above.

Around the Network

Dude, I refuse to use IE6 or IE7, firefox is WAY BETTER, it have tabs since launch. It have the "keyword.URL" you just type "vchartz" in the address bar and it google for vgchartz and enter in vgchartz), ad-block, no-script, imagebot and a bunch of other usefull thinks...

www.cuidar.com.br

Firefox is perfect try google chrome it ain't bad either. I use both

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

SamuelRSmith said:
Xen said:
SamuelRSmith said:
Xen said:
Opera > Firefox > IE

Chrome was horrid.

Three cheers for Xen!

My fingers hurt.

Oh man, it was you who wrote all that? Sorry, didn't acknowledge it! it just looked like an embedded thing, and was too well done for a usual forum post...

Sorry again mate.

reask said:
@ rainbird.
I know I'm a coward really the thoughts of losing all my favs and god knows what else terrifies me lol.

My theory is if it aint broke don't fix it.

Pathetic I know but thats me.

I just want to switch it on and have everything in the same place.

But that's the thing. IE7 is the slowest and least secure browser between it and almost every other browser that are up to date.

And don't be too hard on yourself, no one wants to be thrown into something new. So just try out another browser for a little while, and get to know it. That way you can also better find out which browser you like the best. And trust me, you will almost certainly find a browser that you like better than IE7.

Xen said:
SamuelRSmith said:
Xen said:
SamuelRSmith said:
Xen said:
Opera > Firefox > IE

Chrome was horrid.

Three cheers for Xen!

My fingers hurt.

Oh man, it was you who wrote all that? Sorry, didn't acknowledge it! it just looked like an embedded thing, and was too well done for a usual forum post...

Sorry again mate.

Ha, no problems.

I've already realised that I've missed out the inbuilt email and IM client. Not to mention the fact that it's had a "private mode" since the dawn of time (albeit not avaliable through one click like Fx3.1 will have), or its standards compliancy. Or it's ability to disable images or load images from cache to bring down bandwidth levels (and that is done through two clicks), or the ability to force the website to render at the dimensions of your browser's window. Or the fact that it actually treats the browsers like seperate windows (so you can minimize them, cascade them, bring them into seperate entities of Opera). Or the zoom feature that also scales plugin content. Or the trashcan feature to load up closed tabs.

That article is too incomplete. But... I cba to add new bits to it.