By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 is doomed for Distant Third Place

obieslut said:
^^^^you must be really upset that your dream machine is lagging behind a 400 machine no.

well really upset no. meby a lil bothered though  but i just found it kinda funny that you say you feel sorry for microsoft even though its very obvious that you don't.  Oh and the 360 is sure as hell not my dream machine, my dream machine would be virual reality...where you would wear a headset like thing that covered your eyes and it would be like your actually there....however i won't lie, the xbox 360 is my favorite console this gen

Around the Network

obieslut = Rock_on_2008? Just curious because his profile pic just changed to Rock_on_2008's.

Soriku said:
lol at dropping the price makes it have bad quality. That's like saying because Sony announced many price cuts and models and such in less than 2 years that means the PS3 has little quality.

Nice logic.

He didn't say it makes it have bad quality, he said it makes it seem to consumers (EU and Japan, this is CORRECT) that the 360 is junky.

The PS3 price cuts haven't smelled as much like desperation and certainly have not had the same effects.  And they have jumped sales way more than the 360 price cuts have...

yo_john117 said:
obieslut said:
^^^^you must be really upset that your dream machine is lagging behind a 400 machine no.

well really upset no. meby a lil bothered though but i just found it kinda funny that you say you feel sorry for microsoft even though its very obvious that you don't. Oh and the 360 is sure as hell not my dream machine, my dream machine would be virual reality...where you would wear a headset like thing that covered your eyes and it would be like your actually there....however i won't lie, the xbox 360 is my favorite console this gen

oh i did not mean you lol, your post just got in the way of the one i was really talking to soz about that

@LOL MATURE

true dat lol

Around the Network
LOL MATURE said:
Ronster316 said:
remember , sony got to where they are today in the gaming world because of the size of thier pockets (not their talent)............ and thats why microsoft will beat them........ they have BIGGER pockets

most stupid thing ive read all day.

whatever you say sunshine............ sony had nothing till they got in bed with nintendo in 1992 and then cheated on them and made their own system with the hardware and software ideas that they stole......... so what did sony give to the gaming word to begin with that sega or nintendo had not already thought of........ eyetoy? leave it out...... tut tut tut

sony.......... followers

`^^^^and microsoft has taught us how to steal exclusives lol

but i never made this thread to get into a war so please try and act mature and civil

It's so nice of you to be worried for MS! You do own one don't you?

Regardless, sleep easy they will be ok even If their in third place! I think financially the 360 is still making money for MS and software sales are still unreal!

Wii - 3810 4459 0841 8442 - (Message me to add me)

360 - LuminalACE

PS3 - AUS-ACE

Ronster316 said:
LOL MATURE said:
Ronster316 said:
remember , sony got to where they are today in the gaming world because of the size of thier pockets (not their talent)............ and thats why microsoft will beat them........ they have BIGGER pockets

most stupid thing ive read all day.

whatever you say sunshine............ sony had nothing till they got in bed with nintendo in 1992 and then cheated on them and made their own system with the hardware and software ideas that they stole......... so what did sony give to the gaming word to begin with that sega or nintendo had not already thought of........ eyetoy? leave it out...... tut tut tut

sony.......... followers

Uh... Nintendo flaked out on Sony first of all. And instead of Sony just scrapping the project they decided to finish it and release it themselves. Second greenmedic pretty much sums what I was originally thinking up. But he didn't touch the talent part. Sony wouldn't have gotten anywhere without the biggest first party development teams.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Soriku said:
lol at dropping the price makes it have bad quality. That's like saying because Sony announced many price cuts and models and such in less than 2 years that means the PS3 has little quality.

Nice logic.

He didn't say it makes it have bad quality, he said it makes it seem to consumers (EU and Japan, this is CORRECT) that the 360 is junky.

The PS3 price cuts haven't smelled as much like desperation and certainly have not had the same effects.  And they have jumped sales way more than the 360 price cuts have...

It's because the PS3 has more perceived value to the average consumer interested in HD.

When a console debuts at $599/499 and it's publicly known that Sony was still losing over $200 on every console sold at that price, people know it's an expensive piece of AV equipment. Most just weren't willing to pay that much for it.

Sony just needed to make the console more affordable to the typical gamer.

That's the reason why there is a much larger market for a $299 PS3 than there will be for a $299 Xbox 360, even with a 60GB HDD.