By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 is doomed for Distant Third Place

1. Obieslut, why do you have the avatar of that one guy, whom I hate? Are you his alt account? It would make sense, honestly? Don't lie to me, I can tell.

2. Your OP, I didn't read it, however, I know it was made just to cause controversy. I would ban you.

3. My opinion is different than yours:

Microsoft will end up being 3rd place this gen, and possibly by a large margin. However, it the 360 is still the better console because it has a better library, is cheaper, has custom soundtracks/achievements, and has a better online service. Trophies are no replacement for achievements, they aren't even uniform, or universally required.

I also believe that the 360 will continue to get equal or better 3rd party support due to the ability of the console to move software, and the ease of development. Also, the console is popular within its own country, something that can't be said for the PS3. Next gen, coming off the relative disaster, the PS3, Sony won't have the footing in the market to cruise control to second place, and the Xbox will be in a much better situation, with the Wii in the strongest market stranglehold it has ever had.

The PSPs successor has a chance, assuming Sony doesn't believe this garbage about 10 year PSP life cycle. If it lets the DS2 get a head start on it, it will never compete.

Sony needs to get off their highhorse profit wagon and start delivering the fans of the console what they need, profit be damned. That's why we see Microsoft sniping FFXIII and GTAIV, and having timed exclusives in the way of games like Star Ocean. That's why we see Capcom saying they will no longer make games exclusive to any console, a developer historically pro-playstation. That's why Sony can't win in America, arguably the most important battleground for developer support. The reason Sony can't win anywhere, has less to do with Sony's follies, and more to do with the Wii's great success, but that's another story.

Trying to pretend like your console is covered in roses, when no matter what, it will go down as a folly, and the biggest shift of power in the gaming industry ever, is laughable. Not to mention that it has a relatively weak library compared to the Xbox 360, and Socom ain't gonna change that, lol.

Come on bro. Spinning that a price cut is bad, is like saying that Microsoft is stupid for keeping its customers happy, and Sony is smart for milking them with needless technology and profit-mindedness. Sony has always been way more lucky than smart, and this gen, the ball bounced in a different direction. They blew the biggest monopoly in gaming, and didn't even know about it till a few months ago. The brand is injured. Stop playing nurse and keep these crap topics away from my eyes sir. You embarrass yourself.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
obieslut said:
^^^^you must be really upset that your dream machine is lagging behind a 400 machine no.

It actually seems like your the one upset because you paid $500 or more on a console that only has one AAA game under its belt with a maximum of 2.5 hours of gameplay if you skip the cutscenes while both other console are not only cheaper but also have multiple AAA games and a wider variety of genres that apeal to its consumers.

It's ok though I'm sure you have a blast playing blu-ray movies all day on your hi-def tv

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

@Stickball: even if 360 posts 150k (which is kind of a long shot), the PS3 wont magically drop 15k. If the NA price cut's first couple of days has shown anything, it's that the PS3 is relatively unaffected by the 360 price cut.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Mendicate Bias said:
obieslut said:
^^^^you must be really upset that your dream machine is lagging behind a 400 machine no.

It actually seems like your the one upset because you paid $500 or more on a console that only has one AAA game under its belt with a maximum of 2.5 hours of gameplay if you skip the cutscenes while both other console are not only cheaper but also have multiple AAA games and a wider variety of genres that apeal to its consumers.

It's ok though I'm sure you have a blast playing blu-ray movies all day on your hi-def tv

Trolling a troll.

@ Zenfolder - I'm sure it was caused to start controversy but his views are sort of valid (Even if they are slightly skewed and wrong). It's not like hes making outrageous comments like the dude I just quoted.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

1. Obieslut, why do you have the avatar of that one guy, whom I hate? Are you his alt account? It would make sense, honestly? Don't lie to me, I can tell.

2. Your OP, I didn't read it, however, I know it was made just to cause controversy. I would ban you.

3. My opinion is different than yours:

Microsoft will end up being 3rd place this gen, and possibly by a large margin. However, it the 360 is still the better console because it has a better library, is cheaper, has custom soundtracks/achievements, and has a better online service. Trophies are no replacement for achievements, they aren't even uniform, or universally required.

I also believe that the 360 will continue to get equal or better 3rd party support due to the ability of the console to move software, and the ease of development. Also, the console is popular within its own country, something that can't be said for the PS3. Next gen, coming off the relative disaster, the PS3, Sony won't have the footing in the market to cruise control to second place, and the Xbox will be in a much better situation, with the Wii in the strongest market stranglehold it has ever had.

The PSPs successor has a chance, assuming Sony doesn't believe this garbage about 10 year PSP life cycle. If it lets the DS2 get a head start on it, it will never compete.

Sony needs to get off their highhorse profit wagon and start delivering the fans of the console what they need, profit be damned. That's why we see Microsoft sniping FFXIII and GTAIV, and having timed exclusives in the way of games like Star Ocean. That's why we see Capcom saying they will no longer make games exclusive to any console, a developer historically pro-playstation. That's why Sony can't win in America, arguably the most important battleground for developer support. The reason Sony can't win anywhere, has less to do with Sony's follies, and more to do with the Wii's great success, but that's another story.

Trying to pretend like your console is covered in roses, when no matter what, it will go down as a folly, and the biggest shift of power in the gaming industry every, is laughable. Not to mention that it has a relatively weak library compared to the Xbox 360, and Socom ain't gonna change that, lol.

Come on bro. Spinning that a price cut is bad, is like saying that Microsoft is stupid for keeping its customers happy, and Sony is smart for milking them with needless technology and profit-mindedness. Sony has always been way more lucky than smart, and this gen, the ball bounced in a different direction. They blew the biggest monopoly in gaming, and didn't even know about it till a few months ago. The brand is injured. Stop playing nurse and keep these crap topics away from my eyes sir. You embarrass yourself.

i would make a big comment on why i think you are wrong on some of your points but i am too tired to care at the moment

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:
LOL MATURE said:
Ronster316 said:
remember , sony got to where they are today in the gaming world because of the size of thier pockets (not their talent)............ and thats why microsoft will beat them........ they have BIGGER pockets

most stupid thing ive read all day.

whatever you say sunshine............ sony had nothing till they got in bed with nintendo in 1992 and then cheated on them and made their own system with the hardware and software ideas that they stole......... so what did sony give to the gaming word to begin with that sega or nintendo had not already thought of........ eyetoy? leave it out...... tut tut tut

sony.......... followers

Rofl...This makes no sense what so ever. How did Sega, Nintendo, Microsoft enter?

US TOP-SELLING HARDWARE - AUGUST 2008
Nintendo DS--518,300
Wii--453,000
PlayStation Portable--253,000
Xbox 360--195,200
PlayStation 3--185,400
PlayStation 2--144,100

this is the NPD numbers .... VG should adjust their numbers.

LOL MATURE said:
Mendicate Bias said:
obieslut said:

Trolling a troll.

@ Zenfolder - I'm sure it was caused to start controversy but his views are sort of valid (Even if they are slightly skewed and wrong). It's not like hes making outrageous comments like the dude I just quoted.

Obie asked for comments like that when he made this post. It's an anti-Sony post, and flamebait, disguised as an opinion. It's saying, "Hey, PS3 rules, and 360 sucks."

No smart minded poster would hop on here and started defending Xbox from this ignorance. However, since no mods have interfered, it has given us free reign to flame the PS3.

Read my above post. While the smidge about "360 will be third this gen" is fair, read the rest of the stuff I said. It's also fair, but it certainly doesnt' need to be touted, as it's approaching the line of flamebait, just like the OP, only it's much more realistic and hurtful, and doesn't speak of opinions as absolutes.

Nor does my post flame the PS3 as a machine. Instead it flames Sony for not buying 3rd party published games, or keeping exclusives like Microsoft is attempting to do, via moneyhatting, which is a good thing for 360 owners. It also flames Sony for not allowing a price-cut which would help its customers who want a PS3, and hurt its profit. Something Microsoft is more than willing to do.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

obieslut said:

i would make a big comment on why i think you are wrong on some of your points but i am too tired to care at the moment

I didn't make a big post as to why I think you're wrong. You just leave my opinion there, and fair minded people who are non-partisan can read them both and decide which one they believe.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

NNN2004 said:

US TOP-SELLING HARDWARE - AUGUST 2008
Nintendo DS--518,300
Wii--453,000
PlayStation Portable--253,000
Xbox 360--195,200
PlayStation 3--185,400
PlayStation 2--144,100

this is the NPD numbers .... VG should adjust their numbers.

NPD numbers for USA

America
 VGC Numbers for N. America... pretty close not enough to make a difference