By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears of What? Unreal Tournament 3- Best Looking Console Game Ever?

Well depending on how shiny things got, I'm pretty sure rain causes things to reflect from the water?

Around the Network

Epic also said that made it multiplatform because of piracy on the PC.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/46079

Across two separate lectures at this week's Game Developers Conference, id Software CEO Todd Hollenshead and Epic Games president Michael Capps both admitted that piracy of PC games caused their companies to pursue developing beyond the PC platform. "Piracy has pushed id as being multiplatform," stated Hollenshead, whose company contracted Z-Axis to handle the PlayStation 3 version and Nerve Software the Xbox 360 edition of Splash Damage's forthcoming Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (PC).

Comments made by Epic's Capps carried a similar tone. "PC gaming is really falling apart," he revealed. "It killed us to make Unreal Tournament 3 cross-platform, but Epic had to do it," adding "the market that would buy a $600 video card knows how Bittorrent works." Epic is currently developing Unreal Tournament 3 for the PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in-house.

Meanwhile, Firaxis designer and programmer Soren Johnson remained confident in PC development. He suggested that "game design on the PC is going to bend toward persistence," noting Blizzard's World of Warcraft is "successful because you can't pirate WoW. You cannot pirate an MMO. Period."

leo-j said:
Spectrumglr said:
i think that all the shots we've seen from UT3 are from the PC version...it's difficult to judge from these shots alone (actually streched) but i think that there's too much AA for any console.

This game is in development for the ps3 first.

first i strongly doubt it (UE3 developement started with UT3 in mind when PS3 was just a little more than a name on a videogame magazine) and then even if you're right it doesn't mean anything...you usually take promotional photo & video from the best looking platform: and that's (like it or not) a PC.

As for the timed PS3 Exclusive i don't think it will hurt X360 too much: there's Halo 3...and when you are tired with it UT3 will come out...i'd rather say that this way halo3 sales won't hurt (or, why not, be hurted by) UT3's sales .

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

Todd Hollenshead said:

"the market that would buy a $600 video card knows how Bittorrent works."

With the truth you speak Todd!

allstarr35 said:
ckmlb said:
Gears was shiny? When did this happen?

I pretty sure you played so..... you remember the level where I think after you go on the highway/streets with that mamoth of a vicheal. There's a level where it's raining and you have to head to a factory..... if you look at the walls were the water is falling, that thing is shiny like mario sunshine.............. anyways that's just one instance....... but all through out the game......

I really don't understand what you're saying, but I loved that scene specifically when it was raining outside, they should have had the level outdoors under the rain instead of underground. It was so beautiful....

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Unreal Tournament III and Killzone 2 are probably the top in graphics we have seen until now .

There are others that are not far ,though ,as Haze ,Call of Duty 4 and Metal Gear Solid 4 ,Gran Turismo 5 Prologue .....also Mass Effect ,Heavenly Sword ,Uncharted ,Ratchet and Clank ,Resident Evil 5 ...

We are sure seeing the explosion of the next gen in this E3 .....

Metroid Prime 3 looks better than that....ok sorry couldn't hold it in ha ha ha. eh. I love my wii, but graphics like that would be nice. That game looks really good.

Just want to add that from all reports this game looks as good on the PS3 as it does on the PC, which is a rather impressive feat for the PS3.

I've heard the same, I mean obviously it can run at a higher resolution on the PC, but they have said that both versions look almost identical visually which is great news.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

afree_account said:

I think the delay on 360 might be caused solely by security concerns!

If you authorize the uncontrolled execution of user generated content,

they might open the way for the hacking crowd giving us:

- the first console virus ^_^

- xbmc360

- cheaters

Sony should have concerns too!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole optimisation deal sounds strange!

In my opinion, Epics intention of releasing UT3 on PS3 alone, comprises optimisation.

They won't release a 3rd rate UT3, wich doesn't deliver on the PS3, cause they sell their Unreal 3 Engine to other game developers, wich expect in turn to have sensible performance. Unreal and UT3 are Epics "showcase" products!

p.s.

wohooo leo-j baned, mods made my day!

You obviously don't know how mods work.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php