By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears of What? Unreal Tournament 3- Best Looking Console Game Ever?

misterd said:
ssj12 said:
misterd said:
Gee, a game from 2007 looks better than a game from 2006. Alert the media.

thats not the point,

the point is that everyone seemed to believe that sometihng like Gears isnt possible on the PS3 and yet they are making a game that tops Gears on the PS3.

Funny how none of the posts in this thread actually support that notion.

I think you might be misreading something... There are quite a few that think UT3 looks better or comparable to GofW, which is what misterd is saying (for the most part.)  When GofW was in it's release days, everyone kept saying that the PS3 doesn't have the RAM for it and it could never be done.  However, UT3 is showing that it is possible.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Around the Network
Andir said:
misterd said:
ssj12 said:
misterd said:
Gee, a game from 2007 looks better than a game from 2006. Alert the media.

thats not the point,

the point is that everyone seemed to believe that sometihng like Gears isnt possible on the PS3 and yet they are making a game that tops Gears on the PS3.

Funny how none of the posts in this thread actually support that notion.

I think you might be misreading something... There are quite a few that think UT3 looks better or comparable to GofW, which is what misterd is saying (for the most part.)  When GofW was in it's release days, everyone kept saying that the PS3 doesn't have the RAM for it and it could never be done.  However, UT3 is showing that it is possible.

Did people actually say that?  Hum...wouldn't have been smart to do so.

I just hope Killzone 2, UT3, and others have great gameplay.  They will be overhyped just like Gears was by the graphics, when one could argue that Resistance was actually a better game (single and multiplayer).  Gears did have that sweet commercial with the mad world song...that turned out to have nothing to do with the game, but whatever...great song and great commercial.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/e307/epic-talks-unreal-mods-on-ps3-278648.php

More talk on the mods with the PS3 version.

"When Unreal Tournament III makes its way to the PS3 it will bring with it the ability to import user-created content including maps, weapons and, yes, mods.

Morris said that the mods will be created on a PC and then "cooked" to work better on a PS3 using a built-in option. That file can than be slapped onto a Memory Stick and imported into the PS3 version of the game with the console's built-in MS reader. He said the company is also looking at ways of making the mods downloadable through an in-game browser on the PS3 and perhaps even Home."

Dear libellule and windbane!

Please read this thread
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=4422

Or here it is...

I am NOT an Xbox fan at all!!!! I dont have an Xbox right now but I have a slimline PS2 and very happy about it :) I dont have a 360 and I dont intend to buy it any soon. I dont have a PS3 either and my chances to buy it is not soon either, lol.

I am not an Xbox fan but I'd loved it, why? I had bought Xbox so that I could play many decent FPS and some other games that My PC couldnt handle and I discovered that I could use it like a set top box with hacking tools and adding an 80 GB hard disc.

With those tools,
I was able to load my entire movie (divx) selection into the drive and watch them on my big screen TV on demand (using Windows Media Player CE) :).
Thanks to those tools, I was able to copy the entire Xbox games to the hard drive (totally unofficial so it worked for all games), which drastically reduced the loading times and removed the need for inserting and switching the discs!

I like X360 because

- The games it offers appeal to me (FPS especially)
- The system is much more affordable
- There are far more games
- Online capabilities are better

I actually like but am disappointed with PS3 because

- I hate the price point especially in Europe where I live
- I dont give a damn about HD Movies so the extra price for Bluray is nothing but a burden on me.
- It was released late and very few games are available.
- I hate the fact that Sony keeps lying and exaggerating about the specs. The so called powerful console is nothing but a cream on even harder programming. We are yet to see a game that is considerably better looking on PS3. Wasnt this a selling point? Accepting PS3 is already surpassed by High end PCs is the same as saying PS3 is not that powerful or special. Because we know X360 has close power to the high end PCs today. The only point it cant come close to them is the amount of RAM (in which PCs boast with 2 gigs of RAM and 512 megs of Graphics RAM). PS3 cannot compete with this either, then what is the difference if there is any???

- I will still buy PS3 in late 2008 or 2009 because it has many nice and exclusive games that I will be interested in. Also I believe PS3's price will drop to $300 level for the US or so and Bluray will win this format war.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Man, you guys are crazy. COD4's graphics are the best graphics ever made. They look like real life. These graphics are hot, though. Better then Kilzone's.

Around the Network
grandmaster192 said:
Man, you guys are crazy. COD4's graphics are the best graphics ever made. They look like real life. These graphics are hot, though. Better then Kilzone's.

COd 4 looks very good I mean very very good, the gameplay demo on the ps3 yes the ps3 looks amazing here is the link, but trust me killzone will look better and does look better, http://www.jeux-france.com/news21031_e3-2007-call-of-duty-4-en-video.html

mM
afree_account said:
friedtofu said:
leo-j said:
Spectrumglr said:
i think that all the shots we've seen from UT3 are from the PC version...it's difficult to judge from these shots alone (actually streched) but i think that there's too much AA for any console.

This game is in development for the ps3 first.

Im not sure about it being in development for PS3 first. Seems like it was announced for all platforms way back. Its hard to tell what platform alot of the screenshots floating around the internet are from. I read some older articles from when UT3 was announced for the 360, and Id have to agree with Specrumglr in that it seems like the screenshots are from a PC (just my guess). They would likely use a PC running with expen$$$ive hardware with all the eye candy turned on.

I did read that the 'delay' with the 360 version is due to some conflicts with Microsoft Xbox Live, and not development.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/1374.html

"The reason? Well, Keighley said it's because Sony is allowing user-created mods for the game, and Microsoft thinks it could be used to "undermine" their Xbox Live service. The 360 version will come out at a later date after "they resolve some issues."

Regardless I think it will look great on all platforms. It will be interesting to see how the console versions stack up against each other. Im sure it will spark more debates Im definitely looking forward to this game.

I think the delay on 360 might be caused solely by security concerns!

If you authorize the uncontrolled execution of user generated content,

they might open the way for the hacking crowd giving us:

- the first console virus ^_^

- xbmc360

- cheaters

Sony should have concerns too!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

The whole optimisation deal sounds strange!

In my opinion, Epics intention of releasing UT3 on PS3 alone, comprises optimisation.

They won't release a 3rd rate UT3, wich doesn't deliver on the PS3, cause they sell their Unreal 3 Engine to other game developers, wich expect in turn to have sensible performance. Unreal and UT3 are Epics "showcase" products!

p.s.

wohooo leo-j baned, mods made my day!

No the delay is because the 360 version hasnt been worked on, The ps3 and pc versions are finished they are just running a check on glitches and poolishing up the graphics. Wow what did I do to you for that remark?

mM
leo-j said:
COd 4 looks very good I mean very very good, the gameplay demo on the ps3 yes the ps3 looks amazing here is the link, but trust me killzone will look better and does look better, http://www.jeux-france.com/news21031_e3-2007-call-of-duty-4-en-video.html
Nah, no way. Both COD4 and this game look better then Killzone. And lets not forget the most importan thing... GAMEPLAY! COD4 has the best gameplay of the three easily. Best graphics+best gameplay=by far the best game.