By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears of What? Unreal Tournament 3- Best Looking Console Game Ever?

Legend11 said:
ckmlb said:
If you think God of War looks horrendous for a PS2 game you are definitely mistaken.

I am playing it now and it looks great for last gen, 2 looked even better.

On my hdtv it looks bad.  Maybe it looks a lot better if it's played on a PS3?

Its runned on 1080p if played on a ps3.

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
Legend11 said:
ckmlb said:
If you think God of War looks horrendous for a PS2 game you are definitely mistaken.

I am playing it now and it looks great for last gen, 2 looked even better.

On my hdtv it looks bad. Maybe it looks a lot better if it's played on a PS3?

Its runned on 1080p if played on a ps3.

*edit* wow, I had that wrong, I was thinking about something else. If your TV supports it, you can run God of War 1 and 2 in progressive scan mode (480p). Also, turn off the soften toggle to make the game look less blurry. The interesting this is that God of War 1 and 2 support these options, not many other games do that. If you have a PS3, you can run the game in 1080p, but make sure you turn off the game's soften toggle (or the toggle in the PS3 BC settings) so the game wont look blurry (but will look more jaggie).

Textures are definitely better than Gears.

Good to see Epic is still in lust with rim lighting, smoky/blurred backgrounds full of greys, browns, and blacks, and bloom effects. /sarcasm

Seriously, those things were cool in 2005 and 2006 but it's getting a little played out. The more I look at the screens, the more I'm starting to appreciate Bungie's more natural approach to the graphics in Halo 3. They're not overusing cheap effects and for some reason, they're getting blasted on the Intraweb for it.

Still, this game does look great. I'm just tired of this art style. it was fun for a few years but I'd like to see some advancement in the art department at Epic.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

leo-j said:
Spectrumglr said:
i think that all the shots we've seen from UT3 are from the PC version...it's difficult to judge from these shots alone (actually streched) but i think that there's too much AA for any console.

This game is in development for the ps3 first.

Im not sure about it being in development for PS3 first. Seems like it was announced for all platforms way back. Its hard to tell what platform alot of the screenshots floating around the internet are from. I read some older articles from when UT3 was announced for the 360, and Id have to agree with Specrumglr in that it seems like the screenshots are from a PC (just my guess). They would likely use a PC running with expen$$$ive hardware with all the eye candy turned on.

I did read that the 'delay' with the 360 version is due to some conflicts with Microsoft Xbox Live, and not development.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/1374.html

"The reason? Well, Keighley said it's because Sony is allowing user-created mods for the game, and Microsoft thinks it could be used to "undermine" their Xbox Live service. The 360 version will come out at a later date after "they resolve some issues."

Regardless I think it will look great on all platforms. It will be interesting to see how the console versions stack up against each other. Im sure it will spark more debates Im definitely looking forward to this game.

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

The game was in development first for PC then for PS3. After Epic saw the success of Gears of War on 360 they decided to put Unreal Turnament 3 on 360. All versions will be great

Around the Network

those pics are 360?

wooo

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

here's my grip with those games and gears also although gears was really cool yet short, and all that........ it was ridiculously shiny........ People are saying graphics look so good when in actuality they were shiny. This game looks good but it's even more shiny then Gears so supposedly to have next gen game you have to be shiny.......????

Gears was shiny? When did this happen?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

friedtofu said:
leo-j said:
Spectrumglr said:
i think that all the shots we've seen from UT3 are from the PC version...it's difficult to judge from these shots alone (actually streched) but i think that there's too much AA for any console.

This game is in development for the ps3 first.

Im not sure about it being in development for PS3 first. Seems like it was announced for all platforms way back. Its hard to tell what platform alot of the screenshots floating around the internet are from. I read some older articles from when UT3 was announced for the 360, and Id have to agree with Specrumglr in that it seems like the screenshots are from a PC (just my guess). They would likely use a PC running with expen$$$ive hardware with all the eye candy turned on.

I did read that the 'delay' with the 360 version is due to some conflicts with Microsoft Xbox Live, and not development.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/1374.html

"The reason? Well, Keighley said it's because Sony is allowing user-created mods for the game, and Microsoft thinks it could be used to "undermine" their Xbox Live service. The 360 version will come out at a later date after "they resolve some issues."

Regardless I think it will look great on all platforms. It will be interesting to see how the console versions stack up against each other. Im sure it will spark more debates Im definitely looking forward to this game.

I think the delay on 360 might be caused solely by security concerns!

If you authorize the uncontrolled execution of user generated content,

they might open the way for the hacking crowd giving us:

- the first console virus ^_^

- xbmc360

- cheaters

Sony should have concerns too!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

The whole optimisation deal sounds strange!

In my opinion, Epics intention of releasing UT3 on PS3 alone, comprises optimisation.

They won't release a 3rd rate UT3, wich doesn't deliver on the PS3, cause they sell their Unreal 3 Engine to other game developers, wich expect in turn to have sensible performance. Unreal and UT3 are Epics "showcase" products!

p.s.

wohooo leo-j baned, mods made my day!

ckmlb said:
Gears was shiny? When did this happen?

I pretty sure you played so..... you remember the level where I think after you go on the highway/streets with that mamoth of a vicheal. There's a level where it's raining and you have to head to a factory..... if you look at the walls were the water is falling, that thing is shiny like mario sunshine.............. anyways that's just one instance....... but all through out the game......