By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears of What? Unreal Tournament 3- Best Looking Console Game Ever?

I think Crysis looks better.

UT3 has the advantage of showing fantastic stuff, that's why it looks as good or better, but showing real world elements like Crysis... There's no game to have achieved that yet.

Around the Network

So ps3 looking as good as PC is good news now???

People used to claim PS3 had unprecedented graphics with no match from PC or X360, so out of this world! Now They are happy to see a game that runs as good as PC or slightly better than X360. Come on! Was that what you were expecting from the behemoth PS3?

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Besides a console has to show its power in the initial years cos PC will certainly surpass PS3 graphics in a couple of years even on the average user's computer. Also not only PS3 is improving its graphics, so does 360!

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Crysis looks amazing, but Oblivion only gave me about 15-30 FPS outside, I can only imagine how much I'm going to have to turn the graphics of Crysis down before it runs decently. I worry that when my computer is able to run the game, it wont even look like Crysis anymore because I've had to turn down many of the graphical options.

I just worry about the game of Crysis itself. I thought Far Cry was really poor, so I feel iffy on everything else about Crysis.

freedquaker,

lol another Xbox fan angry about UT3 and killzone2
Seriously, no console is able to match PC, even more when they are suppose to only run on a top PC (less than 10% PC owners will be able to play Crysis).
I even think that as nobody will be able to make Crysis run on his PC, nobody will buy it, so they will have to port the game on PS3/Xbox360.
Of course, they will have to make a lot of modification.

Time to Work !

Around the Network

I thought people were claiming that Killzone 2 was the best looking console game?

I'd say Gears actually looks better than that, at least from those (often misleading) screenshots. The fact is: the games are made by the same developers and use the same engine. Unreal is a more recent game, so of course it's going to look better. But as I said, it really doesn't look that much different at all.

mr-money said:
I'd say Gears actually looks better than that, at least from those (often misleading) screenshots. The fact is: the games are made by the same developers and use the same engine. Unreal is a more recent game, so of course it's going to look better. But as I said, it really doesn't look that much different at all.

First you say that Gears looks better, then you say that of course UT looks better because it's the same guys' newer game then you say they both look identical... lol

Just admit it, it loosk better than Gears because they have had more development time. Not to mention that Gears' areas were tiny while Unreal seems a lot more expansive with more stuff going on at the same time and more players competing....

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

DonWii said:
I thought people were claiming that Killzone 2 was the best looking console game?

You win...

It's between UT3, Killzone 2, Gran Turismo 5, Call of Duty 4, Uncharted... 

freedquaker said:
So ps3 looking as good as PC is good news now???

People used to claim PS3 had unprecedented graphics with no match from PC or X360, so out of this world! Now They are happy to see a game that runs as good as PC or slightly better than X360. Come on! Was that what you were expecting from the behemoth PS3?

Xbox fanboy, much? No one ever said any console would be more powerful than the top of the line PC. It's entirely possible that no one even has a PC to run Crysis at a level that looks better than UT3 or Killzone 2. The graphics cards might not even be out yet.

However, nothing on the 360 except CoD4 keeps up with the top PS3 games at this point.  But that's also on the PS3...