By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears of What? Unreal Tournament 3- Best Looking Console Game Ever?

Gee, a game from 2007 looks better than a game from 2006. Alert the media.

Around the Network
misterd said:

thats not the point,

the point is that everyone seemed to believe that sometihng like Gears isnt possible on the PS3 and yet they are making a game that tops Gears on the PS3.  

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Definitely not UT3, in my opinion. I've got a list of at least 5-10 games that look better than that.

The best so far for me is still Shadow of the Colossus. Still haven't seen something to top that yet.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:

Definitely not UT3, in my opinion. I've got a list of at least 5-10 games that look better than that.

The best so far for me is still Shadow of the Colossus. Still haven't seen something to top that yet.

well.. i think generally people look at the amount of shadow and lighting effects that can happen in one frame which UT3 tops Gears at. Plus UT3 does look better the Gears when you look at textures and character models. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

ckmlb said:
leo-j said:
ckmlb said:
leo-j said:
This game looks awsome, but killzone 2 isnt done yet it may look better than this.

But that doesn't come out till February 08 ish, this is only in 4 months.

There is a possibility that the unreal engine 3 runs better on ps3 than on 360? Or do you think it wont.

Since this game is being develoepd for the PS3 as its main console (it used to be a ps3 exclusive entirely, not even timed) I think this game is going to look as good as those screens and either as good or better than the 360 version.

I see no reason to doubt it will look as good ass those screens. And Yes I defintiely think this looks better than Killzone but they are different art styles. Finally no I do not think Killzone is going to look better than this b ut it doesn't have too all that matters is that Killzone gets the polish it needs. As for looking better on the PS3? It is possible it is being developed for it and chances are this game is being optimized for it. Does that mean the Unreal Engine runs better on the PS3 than the XBOX? Not neccasarily all it means is that the game's development focus was for the PS3. If it si delayed for the 360 it could mean that the 30 will look as good if they focus on recoding the game for optimization but I doubt it.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
Bodhesatva said:

well.. i think generally people look at the amount of shadow and lighting effects that can happen in one frame which UT3 tops Gears at. Plus UT3 does look better the Gears when you look at textures and character models.

We did say "best looking" and not "most complicated" or "most resource hungry," though. By these standards, Everquest II blows away World of Warcraft in the "Best looking" category, but I know very few if any people who actually believe that's the case. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:
ssj12 said:
Bodhesatva said:

We did say "best looking" and not "most complicated" or "most resource hungry," though. By these standards, Everquest II blows away World of Warcraft in the "Best looking" category, but I know very few if any people who actually believe that's the case.

yea.. which is sad. Honestly the best looking MMO is Vanguard, the second best is Final Fantasy 11. Sadly the WoW Addicts dont think they are so great.. which is sad that they cant learn to adjust to better gameplay mechanics. 

ssj12 said:
Bodhesatva said:
ssj12 said:
Bodhesatva said:

yea.. which is sad. Honestly the best looking MMO is Vanguard, the second best is Final Fantasy 11. Sadly the WoW Addicts dont think they are so great.. which is sad that they cant learn to adjust to better gameplay mechanics.

Yeah I think FF XI looks very good. Wasn't personally a huge fan of Vanguard's graphics, but they were cool enough. 

ssj12 said:
misterd said:

thats not the point,

the point is that everyone seemed to believe that sometihng like Gears isnt possible on the PS3 and yet they are making a game that tops Gears on the PS3.  

Funny how none of the posts in this thread actually support that notion.

dbl pst