By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it reasonably safe to assume the 360 will indeed finish 2nd in NA?

Most people seem to agree the PS3 will end up surpassing the 360´s WW install base before the next generation comes (whenever that is, but 2011/2012 seems like a good guess).

But in North America, where the 360 has about a 7 million lead  over the PS3, and with the mass market price and all, do you think the console 'wars' in NA may already be set in stone?...with the Wii 1st, 360 2nd and PS3 3rd, that is.

Around the Network

Still to early in this generation to tell. I think the PS3 has a chance especially with pretty big games coming up.

I think I would agree on that yes.

Most likely yes.

It is safe to assume that the X360 will not finish lower than 2nd in NA this generation.

Around the Network

The PS3 has about as much chance of beating the 360 in NA as the 360 has of beating the PS3 in Japan.

It is very possible. I think it might happen, but who knows.

No. The sales have been even all year. The 360 should win the rest of the year because of the price cut. But who knows what 2009 brings. It is way to unpredictable at the moment.

its will be a tough fight
but the ps3 won't be by far especially afte gt5 is released.

@ tombi: That's probably wishful thinking. They will need wii-levels to get back fast. And if they can't manage that, it'll just be an empty victory if they end up with a higher sales total in another 4 or 5 years...