By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it reasonably safe to assume the 360 will indeed finish 2nd in NA?

Another point I would like to make is that most of the big name Japanese Developer pushing games out for the 360. Namco, Sqaure-Enix, Capcom and Tecmo are giving the 360 more love then they did with the original Xbox.

Around the Network

***Beware, possible Fanboyism below***

I honestly think the PS3 will eventually out sell the 360, obviously not to the same degree as PS2 vs Xbox.
The 360 has had its time in the sun and is gonna plateau as soon as the hype of price cuts wear off. It'll still take some good moves on Sonys behalf and a price cut or two in the comming years, but i'd be very suprised if it doesn't.

I always look for a woman who has a tattoo. I see a woman with a tattoo, and I’m thinking, okay, here’s a gal who’s capable of making a decision she’ll regret in the future.

I stopped counting once the 360 was the first to sell 10 million. From there on out this little console war was over. Srs business indood.

Impulsivity said:
Yah gears 2, because that's whats going to expand the 360 base another FPS game based on a FPS game that already came out for the 360.

The 360 has a built in fanbase, mainly people who bought the first Xbox plus a few million since a lot of kids who were 12 last generation are 16 now and in the 360 demo. Beyond 30 million WW there really isn't a lot of growth room since the 360 is the same console with the same rep as the Xbox. It won't be the everyone has one console, not a chance no matter how cheap it gets.

Also when some of you are talking about how OMG the 360 is taking off...it costs 199 now, barely more then the PS2. How much more can it drop? To a 99 dollar Gamecube price? I mean really they played their big hand early (the 199 drop) and this will be the sales peak. If the sales peak is 2-300k a month for a few months then its hardly like the 360 is breaking away with this one. In the short term it will extend how long the 360 can stay in 2nd (though not 2nd worldwide, that ship has more or less sailed, they'll be third by this time next year given the trouncing they receive weekly in Europe, just wait till PES09, GT5 and other games come out).

As to North America the 360 can hold on there (and only there) until maybe 2010 or 2011 (more likely 2010) but they're getting pretty close to the 360 saturation point of 30 million at which point sales will slow way down especially as computers that meet or beat 360 performance are more and more prevalent (the 360 is already a joke compared to sub 1000 dollar computers in terms of performance. By this time next year 300 dollar computers will beat the 360 on performance on the 360s best games).

PS3 number 2 worldwide in 09, PS3 number 2 in North America by 2010.

Actually, I read an article that M$ is actually behind schedule on their price drops.  The RRoD warrenty stopped them from doing it the way they had planned.

fuegonian said:

I honestly think the PS3 will eventually out sell the 360, obviously not to the same degree as PS2 vs Xbox.
The 360 has had its time in the sun and is gonna plateau as soon as the hype of price cuts wear off. It'll still take some good moves on Sonys behalf and a price cut or two in the comming years, but i'd be very suprised if it doesn't.

Do you mean worldwide or NA specifically?

Around the Network

Tecmo always support the first Xbox,and Capcom is definitely running their company as a multiplatform game dev company,as for Namco Bandai and Square Enix,i think we can only know hows their reaction to both PS360 on the coming 2009(Assume that MS paid for those exclusive and timed-exclusive titles).

Dianko said:
fuegonian said:

Do you mean worldwide or NA specifically?

NA! World wide is an absolute certainty to go in Sonys favour...

I always look for a woman who has a tattoo. I see a woman with a tattoo, and I’m thinking, okay, here’s a gal who’s capable of making a decision she’ll regret in the future.

If things go the way most people seem to think they're going to go, then the 360 will finish second in NA, 3rd worldwide, yes.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I think it's quite reasonable to assume that.

Sure it is. If Sony does pass them it will be very late this gen, and Microsoft will already have a new system on the market.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.