By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rare says: We were working on Avatars "before Miis

Sansui said:
Whether true or not, no one will care.

Just like people are already ripping on Warhammer Online for "copying" World of Warcraft's style.... when World of Warcraft copied Warhammer's style to begin with.

the only thing WoW had wich I never seen in another MMO is the minimap ,aution house and the ! and ? then alot of things they copied from other MMO's, so there is no surprisse that other MMO's copies WoW.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
Naum said:
Sansui said:

Just like people are already ripping on Warhammer Online for "copying" World of Warcraft's style.... when World of Warcraft copied Warhammer's style to begin with.

the only thing WoW had wich I never seen in another MMO is the minimap ,aution house and the ! and ? then alot of things they copied from other MMO's, so there is no surprisse that other MMO's copies WoW.

Style.  Style.   Art direction.  Not gameplay or UI. 

Honestly, Rare are just embarassing themselves. Whether it's true or not doesn't really matter, because even if it is true that means they've been working on something so simple for so long you have to wonder what kind of people they've actually got working there.

Yeah right.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

They are an extention of the gamer tags and the gamer pics that they had on day one. its a natural evolution. Who cares anyway, its not like the total entire copy that trophys are to achievements. At least Xbox always had gamer pics and gamer tags.

Around the Network

one reason i love nintendo, they are original.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mii

They were working on Miis on the DS.

They were working on Miis on the Famicom Disk System.

Rare is full of shit.

This pretty much settles it.

Signature goes here!

Um, Rare.. no one really cares.

Whatever they were working on "before Mii" is barely even relevant. What matters is what eventually got released, and what got released is a very clear case of "Mii Too."

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

heruamon said:
Sansui said:

How did WoW copy Warhammer's style?

Originally, Warcraft was intended to be a Warhammer-licensed game but Blizzard coudln't get the license from Games Workshop (oops) which is why the two universes have a very similar look and feel.