By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most overrated unpopular games

This is a very strange thread: cult classics that sucked and/or were overrated, if I have it right.

I'll go with Okami: not bad by any means but certainly not the greatest thing since Ocarina of Time.

I'd also question if Mischief Makers was even a cult classic--just because it has Treasure stamped on it does not automatically make it a cult classic, but now I'm just being pedantic.

Around the Network

- Any Katamari game. Its fun for almost 3 min. but falls short at about 2.4 min.
- Viva Pinata cause its too cute and too hard at the same time.

I am afraid i dont know any games that are unpopular and have a small fanclub. Im sorry

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Katamari Damacy

Chrizum said:
No More Heroes

Oh no you didn't.

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
SmokedHostage said:

It's hard to explain what I'm getting at. Pretty much I want to see games that shouldn't have sold well but people still think they're jems. Basically, games that people THINK are good and should have sold more but in your opinion they're not.

That list has a great ability to offend many people. I refuse to take part.

Not to sound like a douchebag, but by all means don't.

Also I own No More Heroes, I played No More Heroes and I have no motion to play No More Heroes again.

Well, I mean, the obvious choices are:

Okami

Folklore

Beyond Good and Evil

Boom Blox

Zack and Wiki

No More Heroes

Eternal Darkness

Killer 7

My problem here, is all these games are good, and nitpicking which "cult classic" out of that list you want to marginalize, just for the sake of adding your opinion to what is, imo, a flamebait thread, is personally insulting to me, as well as fans of those relatively underground games.

That's why I didn't add my pointless opinion. It would be insulting to at least one person. When I can help it, I try to keep my posts from insulting anyone.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

My problem here, is all these games are good, and nitpicking which "cult classic" out of that list you want to marginalize, just for the sake of adding your opinion to what is, imo, a flamebait thread, is personally insulting to me, as well as fans of those relatively underground games.

That's why I didn't add my pointless opinion. It would be insulting to at least one person. When I can help it, I try to keep my posts from insulting anyone.

Oh sweet, delicious, unintentional irony how I love thee.

EBA =O

Few comes to my mind:

No more heroes
Okami
Zack&wiki

Conduit will belong in that category, too.

Xen said:
Chrizum said:
No More Heroes

Oh no you didn't.

Hey, I'm not saying it's a bad game. In fact, it's quite above average. I haven't played that long, but as of now, I'd  rate the game 78/100. Still, it's a bit overrated in my opinion as many people here act like it's one of the best games on the Wii, and I think it isn't.