By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most overrated unpopular games

Okami.

Around the Network

Okami without doubt.

Shake and bake, it just happend.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
SmokedHostage said:

It's hard to explain what I'm getting at. Pretty much I want to see games that shouldn't have sold well but people still think they're jems. Basically, games that people THINK are good and should have sold more but in your opinion they're not.

That list has a great ability to offend many people. I refuse to take part.

Not to sound like a douchebag, but by all means don't.

Also I own No More Heroes, I played No More Heroes and I have no motion to play No More Heroes again.

Pixel Art can be fun.

I hate you. Yuke, Yuke Trouble Makers is the greatest game of its genre. It is its own genre.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Ape Escape, PSM pretty much had sex with that game

Around the Network

Halo 3.

Edit:

Oh wait, overrated and unpopular...

Uh...Okami?

perpride said:

Barozi said:

Never heard of that game...

but the receptions for this game are in the 70s - overrated ?

I don't mean by reviews, I mean by people who owned the game and say it's heaven-sent. I think Mischief Makers is crap but I know several who say otherwise.

Too Human....BY FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

funny I gave Too Human in this thread a 8.5 and not a 10

Quite a weird topic, by virtue of being unpopular, you would think a game could NOT be overrated, as there aren't many people to shout how good it is, therefore not many people to rate it above what it deserved.

Okami is a VERY popular game amongst the "core" gamer group, just because it doesn't sell well, doesn't necessarily represent that it is unpopular, probably a bigger indicator of how much pirating went down at the end of the PS2 lifecycle and what is going down now on the Wii.

I know what you're trying to get at with your topic, but maybe overrated cult following games is a better definition? Okami would fit under that category, seeing as how the Core gamer market is now the minority in gaming. (exaggeration of course).

I'm going to have to go with No More Heroes, seriously, the game is average with attitude, that's all it is and people put it up on the pedestal because it was one of the very few new core games coming from 3rd parties on the Wii at the time.

ok. pretend he said "what small sales games do you think are unworthy of their cult followings?"

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

No More Heroes