By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LBP dev: 'you could make this game on the 360'

Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz, Media Molecule's Alex Evans has revealed that because of LittleBigPlanet's exclusivity on PlayStation 3 it has been possible to use "every available bit of space, every little processor cycle" of the console.

"With LBP as it is, we couldn't have made it on the Xbox 360 and the reason for that is actually because we designed it around the PS3's strengths," explained Evans.

"In other words, if you're a game designer, from day one you know your platform, and you just cane it on that platform. You're not worrying about cross-platform, you're not worrying about anyone else's hardware design."

Evans also spoke of the benefits of knowing every PlayStation 3 ships with a hard drive, but stated it would be possible to make LittleBigPlanet for the Xbox 360, at least in some form.

"I don't want people to say "You could do this game on the 360" - well, you could do any game on any platform, it's just that you have to design around it," said Evans. "Just the design decisions on the PS3 are huge, and I'm sure you realize that having a hard drive on every unit makes a difference.

"That's another thing - if we didn't have a hard drive on every unit, we'd have to scale back the ambition of what you could save and do. So yes, you could make this game on the 360, but it'd be a different game."

By James Orry

http://www.videogamer.com/news/10-09-2008-9259.html

Around the Network

lol nice post

Wow, your title totally twists his words. In other words he is saying, we could make Little Big Planet on any console, we just have to make concessions for its strengths.

Speaking of Little Big Planet, to all the naysayers, the game looks absolutely impressive technically.  I have yet to see any title use this style and look this good.  When you see the game in real life and stand face to face with the textures, lighting, and animation- as well as the insane amount of effects going on screen at one time.  Your mind = blown.

I am very happy the game is PS3 exclusive.  The box itself has so much potential, and the exclusive games on the platform (aside from Haze, and Lair ) look absolutely fantastic.  I can't wait for Little Big Planet 2.  It will mean more levels, better graphics (thanks to cracking the Cell), and new forms of gameplay.

**** For my comments, I have played this game on two different occasions.  Each time- stunned.  There was a recent post on how they made the lighting even better.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

*screams*

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

talkingparrot said:
Wow, your title totally twists his words. In other words he is saying, we could make Little Big Planet on any console, we just have to make concessions for its strengths.

They already did

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

"I don't want people to say "You could do this game on the 360" - well, you could do any game on any platform, it's just that you have to design around it," said Evans. "Just the design decisions on the PS3 are huge, and I'm sure you realize that having a hard drive on every unit makes a difference.

LOL @ title

I just read this article and it is the most idiotic and sensetionalist title there could ever be....

The article states that you CAN NOT make LBP in the same way it is done on the PS3.

This article just cements the fact that no other console can pull off LBP in the same way.

If you want to talk about a physics engine with set levels and pretty colors, then yes, it can be done on the 360 easily....

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

misleading title
ban that jason lol

No plz.....

it sounds like hes talking about having storage space for additional levels

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur