By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4, Xbox 720, Next Nintendo Console - Who should Come first?

Onimusha12 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Chrizum said:
Honestly? Sony. I know I will get attacked by all the Sony fanboys now, but this generation has been good to both Nintendo and Microsoft, but not for Sony.

I'd say, Sony: screw the PS3. It failed. It will never make back the money you invested in it, so start over with a blank sheet and fix all your errors with a new console. You'll be the first in the next generation, which is a great advantage to have. When does Sony need to release the PS4? I'd say around August 2011.

However, I think Microsoft will be the first with a new console (probably somewhere in 2011, followed by Sony and Nintendo in 2012).

PS3 failed? Wow that's news to me.

The PS3 has been nothing but an embarassment to Sony. The creator was forced to step down shortly after its launch. Six-Axis, Dualshock 3, PS-EYE, their new motion controller and backwards Compatibility have all been embarasments for the console. It's lost them more money than the PS2 and PS1 ever made in profits. They've lost numerous exclusives (Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter, Grand Theft Auto, Silent Hill, and so forth, so forth and so forth). They're the only company who has not gained ground in the market this generation, in fact this is the single greatest fall we've ever seen for a company from one generation to the next.

If the PS3 isn't a failure then I'm not sure I like the new definition of success.

Do not spin things. The money they made on the PS1 is untouched, and they are making profits now.

Around the Network

Xbox: November 11th 2010
Nintendo: November 21st 2010
PlatStation 4: November 17th 2011

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

Kurakasa said:
Microsoft, most likely. I am hoping it will be quite soon too. :)

Why do you want better graphics?

I also think it will be MS but I hope it’s not soon.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

xman said:
bardicverse said:
Magnavox. HDTV with integrated gaming console. The stuff of pure win.

I don't see Nintendo jumping in first, they never have, even when they were on top, I don't see it happening again. They probably won't bother until the momentum of the Wii drops below a certain point. They're sitting pretty.

Sony is going to do their best to make the PS3 match their 10 year lifecycle.

Microsoft is "relaunching" the Xb360, but as MS has an infinite amount of money, Im sure they got something going on in R&D.

Just to clarify then SONY 10 year lifecycle does not mean they will not relase a new console for ten years it just means the PS3 will be avalilble for 10 years. The PS2 launched in late 1999 and the PS3 late 2006 7 years not 10. But they PS2 is still avaible especially after the chopped backward compatability out of the ps3

Yah that's true, thanks for the correction

Xen said:
Onimusha12 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Chrizum said:
Honestly? Sony. I know I will get attacked by all the Sony fanboys now, but this generation has been good to both Nintendo and Microsoft, but not for Sony.

I'd say, Sony: screw the PS3. It failed. It will never make back the money you invested in it, so start over with a blank sheet and fix all your errors with a new console. You'll be the first in the next generation, which is a great advantage to have. When does Sony need to release the PS4? I'd say around August 2011.

However, I think Microsoft will be the first with a new console (probably somewhere in 2011, followed by Sony and Nintendo in 2012).

The PS3 has been nothing but an embarassment to Sony. The creator was forced to step down shortly after its launch. Six-Axis, Dualshock 3, PS-EYE, their new motion controller and backwards Compatibility have all been embarasments for the console. It's lost them more money than the PS2 and PS1 ever made in profits. They've lost numerous exclusives (Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter, Grand Theft Auto, Silent Hill, and so forth, so forth and so forth). They're the only company who has not gained ground in the market this generation, in fact this is the single greatest fall we've ever seen for a company from one generation to the next.

If the PS3 isn't a failure then I'm not sure I like the new definition of success.

Do not spin things. The money they made on the PS1 is untouched, and they are making profits now.

Really? Is it in a special trust fund. We know for a fact that the money the PS3 incurred in losses in just one quarter was far more than the PS2's lifetime profits up until that point. And the PS3 isn't making profits, the PS2 and PSP are as Sony's Gaming division barely keeps its head above water.

Nintendo earned profits in excess of 1 billion dollars the first quarter of this year.

M$ is for the first time making a profit off of their gaming division.

And Sony is at its lowest point ever using the PSP and PS2 as life preservers for the PS3.

There's not much to spin, just ears that don't want to hear it.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Onimusha12 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Chrizum said:

Uuh first of all Silent Hill, and GTA were multiplat last gen, even if GTA was timed exclusive it was still multiplat. Second of all how are the Dualshock 3, and PSEYE embarassments? Also, not only did Blu-ray win the format war, but PS3 has been outselling 360 most of 2008. Plus you said the PS3 isn't gaining any ground LOL are you kidding me? Now what would you call a console that has a 33% FAILURE rate (THE HIGHEST IN HISTORY BY THE WAY) - a non embarassment? Yes Sony took some SERIOUS blows this gen - that I do agree with, however the PS3 has not been a failure for Sony. It's doing better now despite it's early shortcomings and, as I have already stated, has won the HD Format War which means - Blu-ray sales=money in Sony's pocket, therefore dismissing the idea of it being a failure.

Dualshock 3 wasn't originally included because of Six-Axis, then when it was included was just a copy and pasted version of Dualshock 2 and not made standard with SKUs.

PS-EYE has sold poorly and its implementation is a joke. I'm sorry, the thing is a bigger laugh than the Eye-Toy.

The PS3 is only gaining ground against itself, not the legacy of the PS1 or PS2, that was the point. Everyone else this generation is taking their stake in the market further, meanwhile the PS3 will never regain the market share the PS1 or PS2 had. No matter what the PS3 does, MS and Nintendo will have greatly furthered their markets this generation where as Sony will never be able to recoup from their fall.

Blu-Ray is not doing that hot, it's not doing bad either, but its adoption rate is stagnating and promises of new formats just five years over the horizon combined with poor HD TV adoption rates has many people quesitoning it's value. I'm so glad Playstation fans are willing to sacrifice games, quality and affordability to support Blu-Ray.

i think the only company that is thinking of an early console is microsoft..wii has many years of fun casual gaming left on it , and the ps3 has the ten year plan ,
but i think it would come off on a slow start as the wii and ps3 will still have to much to offer , only the hardcore 360 fans would actualy buy it ,
mad RROD infected 360s owners will also be forced to buy the new xbox !

most likely it would have a 2 year head start on nintendo and sony , but like i said gamers will still be into there wiis and ps3s .
which brings me to this ...the next xbox will be bundled with a new halo4 at launch or very very shortly afterwards and it will be more hyped as ever .
a desperation move by microsoft ...its there only card to keep them alive and they know it ...remember the rumor of a new halo 4 a week ago?? thats no coincidence , the hype has just started
but without bungie can they pull it off ?? cuz me personaly , i bought an xbox 360 juss for halo 3 , the only game i owned for an an xbox 360
i sold the console and game to my brother , but i wont fall for another hyped game again , so i will not buy the new xbox or halo
i see myself with the wii and ps3 for another 6 years at least , and im sure theres more like u out there.

Bullet100000 said:
Microsoft because they need a head start to compete with nintendo and Sony.

QFT

yo consider the PS4 early favourite for best console