By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4, Xbox 720, Next Nintendo Console - Who should Come first?

WAYYY too much bullsh*it on this post for me (are you guys even thinking about what you are writing ????)

Too early to see, I say.

The constructors are not done experimenting the reaction of the market and the players.

The Wii has proven that it is a successful gameplay idea that makes the market, not technology (Sony is catching up with the BR but is was also slowed due to manifacturing at first).

Honeslty, I see no interest in imaging what could the futur of gaming could be. There is still a lot to do with the current gen. And thanks to the online/DLC/multiplayer contents we have, I expect the lifetime of the consoles to increase.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network

Hmmmm. I think Microsoft will fire the first shot.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

Sardauk said:

WAYYY too much bullsh*it on this post for me (are you guys even thinking about what you are writing ????)

Too early to see, I say.

The constructors are not done experimenting the reaction of the market and the players.

The Wii has proven that it is a successful gameplay idea that makes the market, not technology (Sony is catching up with the BR but is was also slowed due to manifacturing at first).

Honeslty, I see no interest in imaging what could the futur of gaming could be. There is still a lot to do with the current gen. And thanks to the online/DLC/multiplayer contents we have, I expect the lifetime of the consoles to increase.

Not too savvy on speculation threads, are you?

You can bet Nintendo are well past the design stage and with the huge sales they have now they will be looking to keep the memento once the Wii starts to really drop in sales.

MS Xbox 3 will probable be at the same stage as the Wii 2 but Sony seem to be in Two bad situation's -

1. Saying the PS3 has a 10 year or whatever lifespan, hmm if Nintendo and MS get their systems out and they sell well I really don't think Sony are going to stay with the PS3 at that stage.

2. Not the best online gaming experience but it is at present free, the question is can it remain free or will they charge I.e when Home is released One way or another I see charges coming to help recover loses etc from PS3 and helping devolope PS4..

Microsoft will for certain come first. As soon as the PS3 overtakes the 360, a new console will magically appear so Microsoft can say they are leading the next generation like they did this time.

Sony better not release the PS4 in the next 4 years, or i wont buy it! There i said it!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

Whether or not any company should be the first to make the jump isn't really something I can judge. But I predict that Microsoft will be the first to make the jump, probably in 2010.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

it will be from microsoft followed by teh wii2 then sony b/c they have a 10 year plan

I doubt Nintendo would have any interest in releasing first for two reasons.

1. The Wii is selling so well it clearly has many years left in it and Microsoft (& possibly Sony) would be forced to release their next consoles early due to sales of their current consoles slowing down (don't believe the Sony 10 year plan bullshit).

2. Nintendo knows that if they are first to the market their competitors would simply copy them and try to make an improved version of their product. So they would want the other consoles to either be out or near release before they release Super Wii.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Honestly? Sony. I know I will get attacked by all the Sony fanboys now, but this generation has been good to both Nintendo and Microsoft, but not for Sony.

I'd say, Sony: screw the PS3. It failed. It will never make back the money you invested in it, so start over with a blank sheet and fix all your errors with a new console. You'll be the first in the next generation, which is a great advantage to have. When does Sony need to release the PS4? I'd say around August 2011.

However, I think Microsoft will be the first with a new console (probably somewhere in 2011, followed by Sony and Nintendo in 2012).

I might be crazy, but I think all three consoles will come out within a matter of two months of one another. I am not exactly sure who will be first, but with such a short time frame between them, it really will not matter.

Next generation, I doubt will be like this generation.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000