By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Under rated games.

Tomb Raider: Legend.

It has an average rating of 81.3% on the Xbox 360 on Gamerankings, but I think it deserved much more. It brought one of the most iconic faces in gaming back in to prominence and did it with a bang.

No More Heroes.

Once again, ratings aren't BAD (83%), but for a game that came with so much flare and ingenuity, it was very badly underrated. Not enough people bought the game either, which is a shame, because it stands up to me as one of the best games this gen for real!

Just kiss the tip.

Around the Network

spartan total warrior and got 74.5 percent on gamerankings but i think its worth about 85-95 percent. The graphics are awesome for a ps2 game and the combat is satisfying and visceral. The level design is also excellent as are the bosses like you guesses it in a greek themed game theres a minotaur!

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Devil Digital Saga 1 & 2. On metacritic, they have an 82, 78, and 82 respectively. The DDS games deserve at least an 87 while Nocturne deserves a 90.

All of them have an awesome story. Some of the best in JRPGs. The battle system is simple, but fun to use. You really need to strategize and plan out your moves in order to win most of the time. Don't expect to use attack all the time. The characters in DDS are rich in personality. In Nocturne, you had lots of freedom and choices. You get to choose what group you want to join, and you convince what demons you want to join your party. Every decision you make affects the ending. There are six different endings in Nocturne. You choose whether you want to save or destroy the city. It's a life altering experience.

Anno 1701 for DS. A very good transition of a PC series (economic/building sim with strategy elements). The PC titles are very successful in some parts of Europe. The DS title was ignored by most customers. Positive reviews, but no interest, no word of mouth, extremely low sales.

Also in general point&click adventures on PC (and DS/Wii) are underrated by both, media and gamers today. Outside Sam & Max and Phoenix Wright people are not interested anymore in this genre, it seems. Unlike games in many other genres (especially FPS), only above average p&c games sell more than a few thousand copies - p&c games that are "only" considered good, are automatically neglected.

Definitely Lost Odyssey. It is absolutely fantastic but doesnt have fantastic sales. It deserves to sell over 2 million but its even outsold by Lego Star Wars on the same system :(

Around the Network

Ratchet & Clank PS3 - This is the best platformer this generation has. Amazing gameplay and it offers a pixar-style experince unlike anything we've ever seen this genre. It's the only platformer you play that's truly next-gen. Yet, the game couldn't even get 90%.

Ninja Gaiden 2 - This is one of the best action game ever, and this was acknowledged in the games reviews. Gamestop even says this is the best action game on the platform. However, the actual scores the game got does not show that at all. If Ninja Gaiden Black is a 95% game, this HAS to be more than an 80% game.

Super Paper Mario - This is one of the best games on Wii. I even thought it was better than Mario Galaxy. I'm not seeing why this game is rarely talked about as one of the Wii's best.

That's it for now.

I was going to say Ninja Gaiden 2, the best hack&slash this gen IMO, but 81 means "generally favorable reviews", so I will go with other title even if I think NG2 deserves better score.

Army of Two - One of the best 2008 games for me so far. A lot of fun. I can't understand why so many low reviews.
Edge - 40, Gamespot - 6.5, 1UP - 67 ...
Solid shooter with fun gameplay. The game looks incredible with great looking character models. The only problem is that you absolutely need to be playing with a friend on the same "gaming level" as you. Splitscreen on a big flat TV is the best way to enjoy this game.

LoZ:ALttP, I would want to see some reviews for it. Anything below a 10 is under rating it and a 10 would be a harsh score :P

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Elite beat agents...

Animal Crossing...

is what I can come up with...

Kurakasa said:
Halo 3, gears of war and mass effect (360).

under-rated, not over-rated!

anyways i think No One Lives Forever for PS2. The PC version got like 90% ratings, but the PS2 version only got like a 65% on metacritic.