By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Under rated games.

At the time it dropped or now?

If the first, X-COM.

If the second, Xenogears.

Both because they are good games.

Or... because they start with Xs....

YOU CHOOSE!

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Around the Network

beyond the beyond 1995 ps1
the critics tore that game apart ,but it will always have a place in my heart story was awesome , dungeons and mazes were so frustiating but rewarding !
anyone remember the desert pyramid??

Stranglehold. Fun and pretty. Got low scores for shallowness and being different. I hate reviewers.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I dont waste my time with possibly bad games so I dont know... The lowest scoring game that I have finished is Freelancer, and that was an awesome game.

zaphodile said:
I dont waste my time with possibly bad games so I dont know... The lowest scoring game that I have finished is Freelancer, and that was an awesome game.

I don't trust other peoples opinions for the most part.  Oh well, to each their own.

Around the Network

I actually found Folklore to be fun after giving it a try. The use of SIXAXIS actually worked well and the graphics/art style were very attractive.

It's main drawbacks remain:

repeating same 'level' with two slightly different characters/enemies - not as bad as some reviews positioned as the change of enemies actually made a reasonable difference, but still not the best gameplay choice

its not really an RPG - again some very light RPG elements are in the game and some I think expected a true RPG. It's not that at all but the confusion didn't help the title

Also I thought The Darkness was underrated (at least on PS3). Solid FPS with a pretty decent story/mood although somewhat underwhelming 'level' design in places and pretty dumb AI on most enemies.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
I actually found Folklore to be fun after giving it a try. The use of SIXAXIS actually worked well and the graphics/art style were very attractive.

It's main drawbacks remain:

repeating same 'level' with two slightly different characters/enemies - not as bad as some reviews positioned as the change of enemies actually made a reasonable difference, but still not the best gameplay choice

its not really an RPG - again some very light RPG elements are in the game and some I think expected a true RPG. It's not that at all but the confusion didn't help the title

Also I thought The Darkness was underrated (at least on PS3). Solid FPS with a pretty decent story/mood although somewhat underwhelming 'level' design in places and pretty dumb AI on most enemies.

The bolded part I agree with.

Viking: Battle for Asgard. It got fair scores, but I personally felt it deserved way better. Also, it's a fairly unknown game even though it puts most action-adventure games to shame. Well, in my opinion.

Va1entinoZ said:
Vampire the Maquerade: Bloodlines

Too much bugs, but after u'll patch it with the fans-patch the game will show what's the real RPG is.

Totally agree.  Actually one of the best story driven RPG I've played let down by bugs and a rushed ending where it becomes obvious the money was running out to keep working on the game.

I'd love this to be given a quick polish and released on PS3/360 - I'd play it again on a big HD TV for sure.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

all these were underrated in my opinion:

1) Altered beast - graphics were pretty good, but were put down for being too grey (not entirely true), gameplay was awesome and it was a lot of fun.

2) Sonic Adventure 1+2 when re-released - I thoroughly enjoyed both of them. everything was brilliant and offered good variational gameplay with different characters.