By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Music... what can I say? you play as a dog available :(

kowenicki said:
bdbdbd said:
@Kowenicki: Ok, but you actually got it all wrong. The controls aren't the reason for Wiis success, it's the software like Wii Fit, Wii Sports, Wii Play and Wii Music. Not to mention games like SMG, Brawl, MP3, TP and MKWii. The control method do play its part, by making the game more accessible, but that's not the driving force here, just look at the DS, its sales didn't pick up until Nintendogs, Brain Training and NSMB.
Anyway, where do they lack in quality? If you are talking about Wii Music, keep in mind that it's one of the first games that have been in developement for Wii and has propably the longest developement time so far. If Nintendo would want to "whore out" with their games, they'd be putting out games like "Dogz" and "Catz" or "NHL XX" every year, not making games that have taken 3 years of developement (like Wii Music). Besides, these "whored out" games, Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Play, Wii Music, all target different audience (of course, there's overlap), so they aren't actually riding on another games success.

Your statement about selling your Wii because of games like Wii Music didn't make sense, because the more "traditional" type of games still keep coming.
And lastly "i don't like it" doesn't equal "quality".

I dont know where to begin with your post.  You are coming across as a nintendo fan boy prepared to defend them at all costs regardless.  If Wii music has been in development for 3 years then I would sack each and every one of the development team for taking a very long time to bring nothing.  

To deny the wii controls as being THE major reason for the success of  the Wii is just ridiculous.

To say that the controls is THE major reason for Wii success is really to simplify things. I mean, the PS3 also has a motion sensing controller, of sorts. It is not your equipment that matters, but what you can do with it (a good reason that the Xbox vs Playstation "which one is more powerful" argument that has been going around is so laughable).

As I see it, the main reason for the Wii success is Wii sports. No other game could have made millions run to buy the wii. It simply makes Wii Fun. Right out of the box.

And even though you might think Wii Music will be a "utter shite" game I do not for a second doubt that it will be a game of high quality. Lots of people might not like it, but that will be the same as with every other game (a good reason why judging games based on Gamerankings or Metacritic scores is a bit like shooting oneself in the foot - incredibly stupid and potentially painful).

Quality does not always mean lots of content. Quality can just as well be taking something and making the absolutely best you can of it. That's what I think Nintendo has done with Wii music. That's also what I think they have done with Wii Fit and Wii Sports. You may find them lacking in certain areas, but you cannot deny that they're very, very good at what they actually do.

I've so far only heard from one person who has played Wii music, he said it was surprisingly fun. More pick up and have a good time with it than anything else, but really good as a pick up and play game.

This is invisible text!

Around the Network

@Kowenicki: Actually i don't. I was just expanding your view, which had quite a few misconseptions.

As for firing the dev team, i doubt anyone has the balls to fire Miyamoto.
Of course, since i haven't played the game, i can't say what does it deliver after all, so far the only problem people seem to be having is Wii Music not having specific goals and people who play it "look retarded". The same complaints people had with Wii Sports and Wii Fit.
What Wii Music is supposed to deliver is, "jamming" sessions and the best thing in it is that you don't even need to know how to play instruments.

If Wii sells because of its controls, why does the DS sell? And why is Nintendo putting out new games that are supposed to expand the audince? I mean Nintendo could put out a dozen games per year, that have had a month of developement time.

@Gamerace: Ok, how big christmas present budget do you have for your own kids? Besides, it's a good excuse to get the Wii for yourself.
Wii Music could appeal as well for the teenagers that like music/rhythm games. Comparing it to other games in the market, doesn't really tell the whole truth, but comparing how people the games should get us closer the real potential in the current market. Wii Music brings the same freedom as Singstar, people don't play Singstar to score high, they play it as singing a karaoke, in their own way (well, the hit songs are missing from Wii Music). Then, when you look at the gaming habits of people, for example in GTA, they just run around having fun and trying what you can do in the game (different type of game, but it shows the non-objective habits of people playing games). Wii Music also shares the idea of Rockband, multiplayer fun jamming (or that seems to be the mindset).
And what's best in Wii Music, everyone can play it, together.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Onimusha12 said:
Pristine20 said:
A dog? ...but its fun right? LMAO

Scared? Seems this game has everyone nervous, afraid of how well it will do?

I imagine you'd be just as critical of Little Big Planet if it were a Wii Casual game too. ;)

That or people just genuinely think the game looks terrible and are vocal about it like they are with many other games.

I really dont like this game.... but I will buy it...

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

elgefe02 said:
I really dont like this game.... but I will buy it...

Please don't.  Let's not encourage Nintendo.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network

@Yacuzaice: Point? Did you listen what the pianos sounded like? Imagine what it sounds like when you are just randomly hitting the buttons, when the kids don't even play anything and the volume options are "loud" and "super loud". Parents buy pianos, drums, guitars etc. for their kids so that the kids can be creative.
With Wii Music, you still can be creative, the game actually plays something and you can turn the volume down...

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

kber81 said:

GOTY

BAWHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh look who's back.

Barking dogs worked for Jane's Addiction.

And I often think that some websites out there take sport at poking fun at the Wii because they don't understand it. The other consoles don't do as strange things admittedly, but neither do they sell as well.

This "game" will sell at least 5M WW -- or more than any PS3 game this generation. (If you doubt this, remember that Wii Sports has sold almost 3M in Japan AT FULL PRICE).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Onimusha12 said:
kber81 said:

GOTY

BAWHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh look who's back.

I'm here all the time darling. I have also some offline activities you know. I need to be here to witness your excitement when Wii-shit hits shelves - "OMG it takes full advantage of balance board !! Now we can enjoy Japanese style squat toilets in our western domains !! Try to point your... hehe seriously Nintendo can't develop game bad enough for you...

Onimusha12 said:
Pristine20 said:
A dog? ...but its fun right? LMAO

Scared? Seems this game has everyone nervous, afraid of how well it will do?

I imagine you'd be just as critical of Little Big Planet if it were a Wii Casual game too. ;)

You're funny. Why would I be scared of how well it does? If it does well, that means a wii music 2 is on the way. More enjoyment for those who enjoy playing as dogs. LBP is different from wii music in that it actually has apoint to it and it is HARD if you haven't heard unlike wii music where you just waggle the wiimote around to hear music play LMAO. Why am I not surprised it was onimusha12 who responded?

My little brother is 10 and has a wii. He always does his research on wii games in the works. When I asked him if he was going to ask for wii music, he laughed and said it was a piece of crap. Even 10 year olds know.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler