By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Music... what can I say? you play as a dog available :(

So the motion mimics... what? Hitting the dog to make it bark? Oh, PETA is just going to love this...

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network

They're obviously not the target audience

There is a target audience? Wow don't want to see them. Even the girl demonstrating this "game" looked bored to hell and a bit embarrassed.

It's not a game for me, but it will sell well, many people that dont consider themselves gamers will pick it up. It get a lot of bashing but i think it an interesting concept. And i will try it out once my sister buys it :)

this is the only wii____ i dont like.

BUT THIS IS THE PENULTIMATE ONE!

miyamoto had three ideas with the console, wii sports wii fit and wii music. wii play and wii sports resorts are 'spin offs' as it were

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

bdbdbd said:
@Gamerace: Isn't that the case with any game? Too expensive for pre-schoolers?

You miss my point or perhaps I wasn't clear.   Wii Sports drove Wii sales. Wii Fit drove Wii Sales.  If Wii Music does only end up appealing to pre-schoolers, no one (except those with tons of cash) will buy a Wii so their 3 year old can play Wii Music.  If they already own a Wii, they might buy it, for $20-30 but probably not for $50.

I'm sure it probably is fun but it looks like really fleeting fun and won't hold anyone's attentions long enough to warrent a purchase (except for pre-schoolers).

Around the Network

A dog? ...but its fun right? LMAO

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

What is everyone's problem with Wii Music. It's a casual alternative to the popular music games on the market. This is not a Guitar Hero/Rockband solution.

I think most people are just terrified this might actually usurp the standard of Guitar Hero/Rockband.

Pristine20 said:
A dog? ...but its fun right? LMAO

Scared? Seems this game has everyone nervous, afraid of how well it will do?

I imagine you'd be just as critical of Little Big Planet if it were a Wii Casual game too. ;)

bdbdbd said:
TopCat8 said:
Now I'm no hardcore gamer, but this game looks terrible. I thought WiiPlay was a waste of time...This looks even worse. Please Nintendo: You have enough money. Don't sell-out like this.

I don't think parents agree with you.

What is your point?  Wii Music is nothing like playing a keyboard or toy piano.

GOTY