By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo 120th...

Any good ways to celebrate a company's 120th year? Me, I'd celebrate with a HUGE party, and give away TONS of free stuff. That's what Nintendo will celebrate in 2009- their 120th year in business. Who knows if they will give away free DSs- like 120 of them! Kind of ironic though, that same year is the 20th anniversary of Game Boy, and I don't think they will celebrate it turning 20, since it's now DEAD.

30-someting now, 40-something next decade!

Around the Network

They should celebrate by helping to fix the Mariners. I don't mean with more Mariner branded DS' either. I am talking about some ball players.

Being a majority owner isn't about putting DS is peoples hands, it is about putting fans in the stands and a quality team on the field.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

what did they do in 1989?

Euphoria14 said:
They should celebrate by helping to fix the Mariners. I don't mean with more Mariner branded DS' either. I am talking about some ball players.

That's right, I forgot they own the Mariners don't they?

pichu_pichu said:
what did they do in 1989?

Had a party in Seattle- talked about it in Nintendo Power, I think it was in the summer that year.

Around the Network

and by "fix"ing them you mean....
/lol

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

They own the Marines? Cool, but not fully owned right?

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Should throw a huge party. With big game releases.

c03n3nj0 said:

They own the Marines? Cool, but not fully owned right?

They are majority owner of the Seattle Mariners. Pretty much the worst team in Baseball when you take into account how much money they wasted this year.

I am a Mets fan, but it still pains me to see money thrown away like that. They seem more worried about this instead.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Their ownership of the Mariners is why they made the variety of Ken Griffey Jr. games.

SW-5120-1900-6153