By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo 120th...

Give me a free Wii :O

seriosuly though? a huge ass party.

Around the Network

A big celebration that isn't limited to people who live near Nintendo World.
And announce a new handheld since it'll be 20 years of Game Boy.

What kind of video games did people play in 1889?

slimeattack said:

I wonder...?? Is this true or is it suppose to be 20th?

^_^

^ Nintendo was originally some card company I think...Later on they started making video games..

Around the Network

Partying and getting drunk?

Euphoria14 said:
thetonestarr said:

Their ownership of the Mariners is why they made the variety of Ken Griffey Jr. games.

How long have they had majority of ownership? Griffey hasn't been a Mariner since 1999.

I know. I live in Cincinnati.

They bought the Mariners in '94, then released six Griffey-branded games - two for the SNES  ('94, '96), two for the N64 ('98, '99), and two for the Game Boy ('97, '99).

SW-5120-1900-6153

skeezer said:
slimeattack said:

I wonder...?? Is this true or is it suppose to be 20th?

I was thumbing through a Nintendo Power magazine today and saw that Nintendo is having a bday party at their store in Rockefeller center (NYC, midtown). The first 400 people in line with ANY issue of Nintendo Power in their hand get in. Doors open at 8:30 AM on Sept 12th. In addition, if you go dressed as a Nintendo character, they are giving away special prizes based on different categories related to the costumes.

If I was younger, I'd go, just to check it out. But a 31 yr old guy going to such an event alone, probably not so much.

Nintendo Wiki entry-

Nintendo Company Ltd. is a multinational corporation headquartered in Kyoto, Japan founded on September 23, 1889 by Fusajiro Yamauchi to produce handmade hanafuda cards. In the mid-twentieth century, the company tried several small niche businesses, such as a love hotel and a taxi company.

Over time, it became a video game company, growing into one of the most powerful in the industry and Japan’s third most valuable listed company with a market value of more than US$85 billion. In 2007 Nintendo ranked 10th on the list of largest software companies in the world.

Aside from video games, Nintendo is also the majority owner of the Seattle Mariners, a Major League Baseball team in Seattle, Washington. According to Nintendo's Touch! Generations website, the name "Nintendo" translated from Japanese to English means "Leave luck to Heaven." As of July 15, 2008, Nintendo has sold over 460 million hardware units and over 2.7 billion video games.

For those that want a small history on Nintendo.

Remember your history or you are doomed to repeat it.

Viacom Boycott