By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Favorite Brawl Characters?

sonic!!!

Around the Network

I seem to be the best with Peach and Kirby. Everyone's good with Meta Knight. I don't like Jiggly Puff or King Dedede.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

1.) Zelda--I hate people who only pick her and change to Sheik as soon as the match begins (more so in Melee). No offense or anything, but Zelda stands her ground as a great character. She has powerful smash attacks, elbeit slightly slow, but then again, she is more of a defensive character than anything. She has a reflective move with Din's Love along with a great (adn very linear) up-B which teleports her across far distances. Her best attack is her Lightning Kick. It has high knock-back force. Landing it can be quite difficult but it kills at low-percentages. Her final smash is also one of the best as it can strike out multiples foes across a linear path with her Light Arrows. And if anything, you have to Sheik--an entire other character--to help you out in tough (and fast-paced) situations.

2.)R.O.B.--Along with C. Olimar, he's one of the newest and most underrated characters in Brawl. While landing a killer blow can be difficult, he's great at putting up gradual damage. He has a loading-attack--his spinning disk--which you load and throw to enemies. It can kill at decent percentages as it has good knock-back and his beam, which is more powerful the less you use it, adds a deadly surprise to the battle. It's best used when an opponent is near the edge. His down-smash, which causes him to spin, similar to Peach's down-smash is also a great advantage, as it pulls deceptively pulls opponents inward and racks up good damage. He also has great recovery that leaves other characters feeling envious. People fail to appreciate the awesomeness of R.O.B.'s final smash. He throws a short-ranged beam that lasts a good 15-20 seconds, damaging anyone who comes close to him. But what people dont notice is that after every few seconds, he throws a smaller, more powerful beam, that litterally sends his opponents flying to their deaths. It's so small that it's bearly visible to people who dont know much of R.O.B.

But yeah, those, to me, are the best characters in the game. But most people like Ike, MK, Pit, and Fox which are a lot more aggressive. But it doesnt mean they're more deadly. Nothing beats a patient fighter, remember that...

:)))

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

Fox: Fastest character in the game. You can beat every slow character by just rolling around and kicking them in the openings. (Ike, Ganondorf, King Dedede etc...). And ofcourse, the others too, if you can handle Fox.

I always start with shooting a few times to the other side of the field. Then start running towards the opponent (Fox can get there in less then 2 seconds) and then just -> A to get them stunned and then smash ^ or smash > (about 18 damage). Then just roll around them etc... Shorthop and down-smash is killer... And if you launch someone jump after him and smash ^. Your opponent will be launched into KO even with as much as 60% damage.

Oh, and he's also good to return if you get smashed sideways on, lets say, final destination. The range of his B-attacks is pretty far. And he can reflect missiles and such. And last, but not least, he's well armed against an edge-guard by using B->

EDIT: In 4 player multiplayer Ike is pretty killer!

THE NETHERLANDS

Snake is where its at!

His cypher recovery mixed with C4 makes it practicaly impossible for him to not get back to the stage. And sticking people with the C4 without them knowing it is pretty awesome. I got a triple kill with that the other day :P

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network

I've only really played with Ike. Started off with Pit but found that in 4 player he wasn't very useful due to his weak smash. My problem with Ike is that my recovery is so bad I am virtually suicidal. I die almost everytime I go off the edge of the stage even if my percentage is as low as 30%. Once I can improve my recovery I would be much better at the game.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Donkey Kong owns and is my main spam smashing with him is the way to go, yet my seconds are both pretty cheap characters in that they are Meta Knight,Ike and Pit.

SSBB Code: 5327-2374-8112

MKWii Code : 3780-9266-6102

CoD WaW Code: 1376-1190-5157

Jigglypuf, Toon Link and Ike

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

Olimar, cause no one can deny 1 frame smashes with the range of Roy and Marth from the last game. Also all his attacks seem to be great. Very cheap as well. If you see someone coming just point the little yellow nub in their directoni and they generally stop doing that.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

aiden.cronus said:
1.) Zelda--I hate people who only pick her and change to Sheik as soon as the match begins (more so in Melee). No offense or anything, but Zelda stands her ground as a great character. She has powerful smash attacks, elbeit slightly slow, but then again, she is more of a defensive character than anything. She has a reflective move with Din's Love along with a great (adn very linear) up-B which teleports her across far distances. Her best attack is her Lightning Kick. It has high knock-back force. Landing it can be quite difficult but it kills at low-percentages. Her final smash is also one of the best as it can strike out multiples foes across a linear path with her Light Arrows. And if anything, you have to Sheik--an entire other character--to help you out in tough (and fast-paced) situations.

[...]

Zelda is the best character in the game, shame to everyone that changes her to Shiek! Her attacks are so fast compared to Melee, and her Din's Fire's attack range is enormous now, it's not even funny!

You got to play cheap with her: stay in corners and spam her Din's Fire and her normal B attack when someone gets close to you. Some good grabs followed with a Lightning Kick is also very good, and don't forget her new overpowered Up+Smash!

She, Donkey Kong and Kirby are the best Melee-to-Brawl characters. They've made them so good now, it puts all the other Melee characters to shame!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!