By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Favorite Brawl Characters?

SHMUPGurus said:

aiden.cronus said:
1.) Zelda--I hate people who only pick her and change to Sheik as soon as the match begins (more so in Melee). No offense or anything, but Zelda stands her ground as a great character. She has powerful smash attacks, elbeit slightly slow, but then again, she is more of a defensive character than anything. She has a reflective move with Din's Love along with a great (adn very linear) up-B which teleports her across far distances. Her best attack is her Lightning Kick. It has high knock-back force. Landing it can be quite difficult but it kills at low-percentages. Her final smash is also one of the best as it can strike out multiples foes across a linear path with her Light Arrows. And if anything, you have to Sheik--an entire other character--to help you out in tough (and fast-paced) situations.

[...]

Zelda is the best character in the game, shame to everyone that changes her to Shiek! Her attacks are so fast compared to Melee, and her Din's Fire's attack range is enormous now, it's not even funny!

You got to play cheap with her: stay in corners and spam her Din's Fire and her normal B attack when someone gets close to you. Some good grabs followed with a Lightning Kick is also very good, and don't forget her new overpowered Up+Smash!

She, Donkey Kong and Kirby are the best Melee-to-Brawl characters. They've made them so good now, it puts all the other Melee characters to shame!

None of those characters match what they made Game and Watch. He used to be in the lower bottom tier. But now look, he's ranked as the fourth best character in brawl.

His Turtle of death and fishbowl of death are terribly disjointed, have multiple hits, shield pokes, super priority, and have little lag. His Uair of death has a 'wind' effect', that alone could kill you if you jump or use up B, the wind effect alone also refreshes stale moves, even if you get hit with the attack the wind is still in effect giving it major knock back. His D tilt of death is also disjointed, has a ton of priority, edge guards, and has super range. His bucket of death is lighting fast now compared to Melee and he can use it out of a D throw of death to KO you at 0% :o

He can do a lot of evil things out of his D throw of death, has two pseudo chaingrabs, D Smash/D tilt of death combo, Front smash of death combo, and his 0 death combo... of death. His KO moves have little lag and kill at insaely low percents, he has the third most powerful up smash of death in the game as well. That parachute after his UpB almost garuntees a safe return if you don't kill him, and he has the second best match up chart in th game. Mr. Gay Men Watch is just too good ^__^

Also watch out for the  cake box/credit card/etc. of death and his key of death.

Around the Network

luigi, zelda, fox,snake

twilit said:
SHMUPGurus said:

aiden.cronus said:
1.) Zelda--I hate people who only pick her and change to Sheik as soon as the match begins (more so in Melee). No offense or anything, but Zelda stands her ground as a great character. She has powerful smash attacks, elbeit slightly slow, but then again, she is more of a defensive character than anything. She has a reflective move with Din's Love along with a great (adn very linear) up-B which teleports her across far distances. Her best attack is her Lightning Kick. It has high knock-back force. Landing it can be quite difficult but it kills at low-percentages. Her final smash is also one of the best as it can strike out multiples foes across a linear path with her Light Arrows. And if anything, you have to Sheik--an entire other character--to help you out in tough (and fast-paced) situations.

[...]

Zelda is the best character in the game, shame to everyone that changes her to Shiek! Her attacks are so fast compared to Melee, and her Din's Fire's attack range is enormous now, it's not even funny!

You got to play cheap with her: stay in corners and spam her Din's Fire and her normal B attack when someone gets close to you. Some good grabs followed with a Lightning Kick is also very good, and don't forget her new overpowered Up+Smash!

She, Donkey Kong and Kirby are the best Melee-to-Brawl characters. They've made them so good now, it puts all the other Melee characters to shame!

None of those characters match what they made Game and Watch. He used to be in the lower bottom tier. But now look, he's ranked as the fourth best character in brawl.

His Turtle of death and fishbowl of death are terribly disjointed, have multiple hits, shield pokes, super priority, and have little lag. His Uair of death has a 'wind' effect', that alone could kill you if you jump or use up B, the wind effect alone also refreshes stale moves, even if you get hit with the attack the wind is still in effect giving it major knock back. His D tilt of death is also disjointed, has a ton of priority, edge guards, and has super range. His bucket of death is lighting fast now compared to Melee and he can use it out of a D throw of death to KO you at 0% :o

He can do a lot of evil things out of his D throw of death, has two pseudo chaingrabs, D Smash/D tilt of death combo, Front smash of death combo, and his 0 death combo... of death. His KO moves have little lag and kill at insaely low percents, he has the third most powerful up smash of death in the game as well. That parachute after his UpB almost garuntees a safe return if you don't kill him, and he has the second best match up chart in th game. Mr. Gay Men Watch is just too good ^__^

Also watch out for the  cake box/credit card/etc. of death and his key of death.

It's a top hat. And yeah, Game and Watch has become pretty powerful this time around.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Mr. Game&Watch all the way. Half of his moves are crap, but the rest are awesome. Too bad there are now one or two moves that have higher priority than his aerial down A. ;___;

Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!!

Around the Network
StarcraftManiac said:

Fox: Fastest character in the game. You can beat every slow character by just rolling around and kicking them in the openings. (Ike, Ganondorf, King Dedede etc...). And ofcourse, the others too, if you can handle Fox.

I always start with shooting a few times to the other side of the field. Then start running towards the opponent (Fox can get there in less then 2 seconds) and then just -> A to get them stunned and then smash ^ or smash > (about 18 damage). Then just roll around them etc... Shorthop and down-smash is killer... And if you launch someone jump after him and smash ^. Your opponent will be launched into KO even with as much as 60% damage.

Oh, and he's also good to return if you get smashed sideways on, lets say, final destination. The range of his B-attacks is pretty far. And he can reflect missiles and such. And last, but not least, he's well armed against an edge-guard by using B->

EDIT: In 4 player multiplayer Ike is pretty killer!

sonic is the fastest in the game but whatever

Pit:Reminds me of roxas.
Toon Link:I love the minish cap and phamtom hourglass.

king
DEDEDE

after serious consideration.. I might switch to ROB or Kirby since everyone hates my Pika >_>

pichu_pichu said:
after serious consideration.. I might switch to ROB or Kirby since everyone hates my Pika >_>

I like Pika. :)