By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN gives NHL09 an 9.0 anyone impressed?

MontanaHatchet said:
The two things that amaze me about the NHL series are that it's easily the best sports series from Electronic Arts, and also one of the worst selling. There are tons of hockey fans in America and Canada, so why hasn't a single game in the series passed 500k (at least from my last check)?

Anyways, nice to see a quality game on the market.

fixed

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Around the Network

there is no hockey without hockey fights. sorry, but thats kind of pathetic.
about NHL 09: i dont like hockey....but it should be a good game for the few people who do like hockey, and not for the fights...

MontanaHatchet said:
The two things that amaze me about the NHL series are that it's easily the best sports series from Electronic Arts, and also one of the worst selling. There are tons of hockey fans in America and Canada, so why hasn't a single game in the series passed 500k (at least from my last check)?

That.

4 ≈ One

Rendo said:That's why in Canada it doesn't sell that well, because REAL Canadians are out playing hockey. :D

^
This is probably the reason why I haven't touched an NHL video game in the last 15 years. But I have to admit, the game does look awesome. And it'd be kind of nice to be able to play some hockey when there isn't a game on and my friends are too fraking busy.

MontanaHatchet said:

Well for most fans I know, they like 2k8 more than 08. Also everyone knows that the price drops so fast, they don't bother until it is discount bin.

Around the Network

i follow nhl as much as Americans follow madden, 2 0n 2 local is so much fun defiantly picking thus up

vancouver canucks ftw

These NHL games play a lot better, IMO, than Madden ever has. Probably because there are so much less AI to take care of.

(Pittsburgh Penguins, btw)

I've loved the NHL games since I was a kid, still have the original up to 96 for my genesis, 97-2001 for ps1 and 2001-2004, 2006 for ps2 and i will honestly say it is better than Madden (which is still a great game)

Heres hoping for great success for NHL 09

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

It got a 9? Wow. I enjoyed a demo i had of a hockey game a few years ago, but wouldnt buy a hockey game because i dont know enough about the sport (same reason i wouldnt buy an NFL game despite watching this years superbowl)

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

PES 09 and FIFA 09 are both looking excellent, so maybe they can take the crown of best and best selling sports games (I think those are the only 2 sports games with a chance of best selling)