By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN gives NHL09 an 9.0 anyone impressed?

Says its got frame rate problems like last year in the review.

When will these clutz developers learn WE VALUE FRAME RATE OVER GRAPHICS.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
The two things that amaze me about the NHL series are that it's easily the best sports series from Electronic Arts, and also one of the worst selling. There are tons of hockey fans in America and Canada, so why hasn't a single game in the series passed 500k (at least from my last check)?

Anyways, nice to see a quality game on the market.

Take a look at the televison ratings for Hockey compared to the sports and you will understand why the sales. I live in Detroit(biggest hockey market in US) and many of the gams are on OLN. It's sad because hackey is a great sport. I am just glad they are still making hockey games.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

My last NHL game was -98 version so I probably buy this.

I can't wait for the new NHL games...

To me, hockey is highly suitable for console gaming... It is a much faster and more action oriented sport then soccer, football, baseball, tennis, etc.

But, then again I am Canadian and obviously biased toward the sport.

Yeah I am impressed, can't wait to get this. :)

Around the Network

wow, i'm tempted to buy a 360 or ps3 just to play this game :)

but i'll wait for the PC edition. and pick up NHL 2k9 for the wii when that comes out.

the Wii is an epidemic.