By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Force unleashed getting slammed by reviewers - 68% Meta!

Link

Official Xbox Magazine 75
With its non-branching storyline and no multiplayer, Force Unleashed is certainly less ambitious than the classic "Jedi Knight" games - and ultimately, its design makes it feel more videogame-y and less of an all-engrossing Star Wars experience than Xbox entries like "Jedi Knight II" or "Jedi Academy." But when the game is on, it's on. [Oct 2008, p.70]
GamePro 70
Make no mistake: you can have a lot of fun with The Force Unleashed. [Oct 2008, p.88]
games(TM) 70
By even allowing the choice between simple hack-and-slash gameplay and the more complex mix-up combos, LucusArrts has ensured that many will never view the title’s full potential. [Oct 2008, p.104]
Electronic Gaming Monthly 56
An ambitious--yet ultimately dissatisfying--effort. [Oct 2008, p.82]
Holy smokes, I had really high hopes for this game, I was expecting around 80% so scores like these are really disapointing (Unless they are the true scores all games should get and other higher rated games are just over-rated) It will probably still sell reasonably well based on advertising and IP...

Tease.

Around the Network

GamePro 70
Make no mistake: you can have a lot of fun with The Force Unleashed. [Oct 2008, p.88]

That's all I need.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

i tried the demo it was only ok, but i expected this to be a good game

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Seems like EGM might have been a little harsh, but the rest seemed around right. Nothing specifically broken about the game, some fun moments, but really just not great. Didn't leave me feeling like I wanted to play more after the demo. I hope those were looking forward to the game have a completely different experience and enjoy the hell out of the game, though.

If I saw this before I played the demo I would've been shocked, this game looked great and with all the talk about the physics it was gonna have. But then I played the demo and the gameplay just wasn't that fun.

Granted I still thought the game would've been more fun than the demo, and I didn't think it would be this low, but I can't say I'm surprised.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Around the Network

I don't care, I'm still getting it, the demo is full as Hell.

That's a bit lower then i expected.
The Wii version has an average of 75 though ,so I might get that version.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I am 39 years old, and it's a Star Wars game.

There is no level of shit this game could be that would keep me from buying it and enjoying it.

It's ingrained in my generation :p

Can anyone point to sites that are credible that have done reviews for the wii version,

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

I dont care, I am not cancelling my pre-order, I thought the demo was awesome