By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First Mario & Sonic @ Olympics screens!

It's cutting it a bit close, but i'm hoping it will be graphically boosted in time for release

Around the Network

Looks ok. I'm not into track and field games so this is a rental for me (unless it turns out awesome). Not directly related to the screenshots, or ckmlb's shocking dislike of them, but this would be an excellent game to launch the Wii and Nintendo into China. I could easily see it selling more than 5 million then with 80% of those sales in China.

Looks promising. Just seems kind of odd to me. I mean...

-Sonic should win every race
-Bowser should win every strength contest

Solid? This is an outrage!!! How can it look solid when Mario is as fast as Sonic?

:) :P

The graphics look fine to me, go to the source (the-Magicbox.com) and they are clearer, the pics are smaller here hence the crocked polygon lines.

Example: Save a random pic, open it in paint and make it shorter by dragging, you'll see.

Around the Network
rubido said:
Solid? This is an outrage!!! How can it look solid when Mario is as fast as Sonic?

:) :P
You know, Mario eats mushrooms for some reason, doesn't he?

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

Right click. View image people.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

shams said:
mrstickball said:
This....a Multi-million seller? Nah

Mix in the production values of Sega, and game design/feedback direct from Mr Miyamoto...

I wasn't aware SEGA had production values these days. Having Sonic in a console game these days is a good way to guarantee that it's going to be terrible.

Yes

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I wondar if the whole game is going to be track events. I can deal with Mario being as fast as Sonic, just put it some diving and gymnastics competitions. Really I don't know how much I can expect though. As a big fan of the summer olympics I've never played a good Olympics video games. The events are mostly timed and judged which don't translate to video games as well as a Sports game that has passing and scoring.