By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First Mario & Sonic @ Olympics screens!

From http://the-magicbox.com/0707/game070709b.shtml

http://gonintendo.com/?p=21030

Images pretty much as expected. Also sort of surreal seeing Mario, Sonic & Olympics all together...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

(I'm having issues seeing the images - they are popping and vanishing. Hope others can see them - otherwise follow the link..)

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

Hellooo there Sega... there is something called "Antialiasing", and another thing called "Anisotropic Filtering"... :P

I never thought I could see something like the second screen in a real game... world has changed :S

fazz said:
Hellooo there Sega... there is something called "Antialiasing", and another thing called "Anisotropic Filtering"... :P

I never thought I could see something like the second screen in a real game... world has changed :S

There was a time when you would have been straightjacketed and thrown in a padded room for life for even hinting that Mario and Sonic would ever appear in the same game, on the same console. Same reason why I hate absolutes - they have a nasty habit of coming back and nipping you in the bun...

About the screens, nothing special. Then again, I can say the same for all the Olympics/sports minigame compilations out there (they tend to be pretty bland).

Even Mario and Sonic together isn't nearly as impressive now as it would have been two console generations ago. 

fazz said:

Ah, it doesn't look that bad. They just lack a little polish. The Ds screens are definatly nice.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=21030

Here is another link as it seems the ones on the first post are broken .

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Does anyone else have memories of the Track & Field games on the NES? Competitive, easy to pick up gameplay with friends?

Olympics + Mario + Sonic = multimillionseller

I remember playing Track and Field about 25 years ago in the arcades so yes, very fond memories of blistering my fingers rubbing and pressing buttons like a demon possessed. I hope it's not the same formula as Bishi Bashi Special and Athens 2004 - they should evolve the gameplay at the very least by a smidgen.

About sales, agreed. Unleash this game in China and (provided it isn't pirated to Davy Jones' locker) Nintendo as a company may just as well "retire".

The shot of Mario racing against Sonic looks odd ;) Sonic *should* zoom off and leave good 'ole Mario in his dust. But hey...

(magicbox might have sessions or something enabled, which is why the above links don't work now).

The legs for these will be scary. Launch in November (world wide?), sell strongly through to Jan... then quiet off. But each time there is an Olympics "bubble", sales will pick up again. Then we actually HAVE the Olympics (imagine the advertising budget over 12 months - from both Ninty & Sega) around mid next year.

Wonder if any *other* Olympics titles are coming out? Doubt they have the exclusive license - but if they do, its a real coup.

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

this game is going to rock the U.K charts, Sonic and Mario are the most reliable franchises on the u.k charts.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Well it looks pretty much as I expected.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Oh and let me guess how that is... horrible... I'm pretty close ain't I?

Though with an objective mind speaking, this game doesn't really appeal to me, it all depends on the controls if I would like this game or not, but so far I'm not getting any goosebumps. Still waiting for a decent Tennis game...

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*