By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gamespot reviews Infinite Undiscovery - 6.5

gengka said:
starcraft said:
Gearbox said:
hum. so i guess another flopped excluisve? Man we are seeing a lot of these *cough haze too human cough *

Too Human sold 130k in the USA alone first week with little to no hype and is at almost 70 on Metacritic.

IT will FAR outsellf Haze which is at 55 on Metacritic with substantial hype pre-release (post becoming PS3 exclusive).

please do remember 360 has far greater install base than ps3 in NA.  haze=91k first week, too human=130k first week. hmmm i thought both are alrite for new mediocre games

oh right , i almost forgot about the install base in NA ,, no way too human did any good

Around the Network

Afrika bombed.

Too Human was not hyped.

Starcraft is hilarious.

I thought The Last Remnant was more interesting anyway. I'll be picking up ToV instead

Try as MS might, they will never be successful with the JRPG genre. Why? Because the true JRPG fans stuck with Sony thats why. Sony is a company that demands loyalty. Loyalty of it's developers, loyalty of it's exclusives, loyalty of it's fans. JRPG fans(at least majority of them) simply do not side with XbOX. I am not saying all the JRPG fans of old are on PS3, more rather they will continue to be on the fence. They will stick with their PS2s until the day one of these consoles get's an exclusive JRPG that is AAA. If we get AAA JRPGs that are not exclusive odds are they will still side with Playstation then.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

starcraft said:
Gearbox said:
hum. so i guess another flopped excluisve? Man we are seeing a lot of these *cough haze too human cough *

Too Human sold 130k in the USA alone first week with little to no hype and is at almost 70 on Metacritic.

IT will FAR outsellf Haze which is at 55 on Metacritic with substantial hype pre-release (post becoming PS3 exclusive).

While I think Too Human is better than maligned to be it sure had plenty of Hype before release.  It sold okay considering IMHO but to say 'little to no hype' is like saying Halo 3 launched with only a 'moderate amount of hype' - i.r.e pretty far from the truth.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
Try as MS might, they will never be successful with the JRPG genre. Why? Because the true JRPG fans stuck with Sony thats why. Sony is a company that demands loyalty. Loyalty of it's developers, loyalty of it's exclusives, loyalty of it's fans. JRPG fans(at least majority of them) simply do not side with XbOX. I am not saying all the JRPG fans of old are on PS3, more rather they will continue to be on the fence. They will stick with their PS2s until the day one of these consoles get's an exclusive JRPG that is AAA. If we get AAA JRPGs that are not exclusive odds are they will still side with Playstation then.

Wow , that is a big assumption, true JRPG fans stuck with sony this Gen? If so they are either in deep conspiracy so we cant see them and Sony ignores them, or they are happy playing FPS's. There is no guarantee that Sony will get a AAA Rpg because it so hard for JRPG to get this kind of score. LO is a brilliant title but still nowhere near AAA. I think more JRPG fans have bought the Wii so far, just look at the numbers in Japan, or they invested in a handheld.

Whatever you say Xbox is the king of RPG's this gen because it has quality JRpg's and Wrpg's and at the moment both Playstation3 and the Wii are lacking in that department, both are getting some games in near future which is great.

Any game review below 8/10 is below average. 8' and 9's are handed out to most games these days from reviewers.

forevercloud3000 said:

Then apparently "tr00 jrpg fanz" are a bunch of idiots for siding with a system that offers them none of the games they like. I think what you're saying is, faced with the choice between systems that have JRPGs (Wii and, especially, 360) and one which has a severe dearth of them (PS3), you've chosen the PS3. Which would make you more of a Sony fan than a JRPG fan.

Reasonable said:
starcraft said:
Gearbox said:

While I think Too Human is better than maligned to be it sure had plenty of Hype before release.  It sold okay considering IMHO but to say 'little to no hype' is like saying Halo 3 launched with only a 'moderate amount of hype' - i.r.e pretty far from the truth.

You think Too Human had any hype from fans on or near release?

The ONLY people initiating talk about Too Human were PS3 fans that thought it would bomb and Dennis Dyack........

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Well, it`s expected.

Jrpg on X360.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far