By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Blue Shell- Infinite Mode!

amp316 said:
yushire said:

AH OK thanks for clarification, never had a N64 before, Im a Playstation fan before. So any item in the game can be avoided?

Yes. Boost of speed at the right time avoids a blue shell and red shells are blocked easily by many items.

Never thought there is a strategy to Mario Kart I thought its like Crash Team Racing for anyone that dont know its a crash bandicoot mario kart spin off...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

How does he have unlimited blue shells? That was sick!!!

amp316 said:
DMeisterJ said:
amp316 said:
Millennium said:
DMeisterJ said:
They should have never put the blue shell in the fucking game to begin with.

It makes being in last the best position.

No, actually, it doesn't. It makes maintaining a close lead the best position, so that you can duck behind another player, let them take the shell for you, and retake first place. Such close leads, incidentally, make the game more fun for everyone involved. If you prefer adolescent displays of dominance, kindly play another game that panders to your fetish, rather than whining about how this particular one rewards playing in a way that more people enjoy.

Wrong again.  Having a huge lead is the best position.  Then the blue shell doesn't even matter.

What about a blue shell/lightning/pow combo?  Fun right?

That'll knock anyone from first to twelth.

Nope.  Not anyone.  Maybe you. 

Okay superman.

Normal human beings, this combo will pwn you.

yushire said:
amp316 said:
yushire said:

AH OK thanks for clarification, never had a N64 before, Im a Playstation fan before. So any item in the game can be avoided?

Yes. Boost of speed at the right time avoids a blue shell and red shells are blocked easily by many items.

Never thought there is a strategy to Mario Kart I thought its like Crash Team Racing for anyone that dont know its a crash bandicoot mario kart spin off...

You're joking.  Right?  There is a ton of strategy to Mario Kart.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Me and Amp experienced it on Rainbow road awhile back not to long ago .I must say the first time I encounter this online it was one of the biggest WTF moment I had in awhile . Didn't know to be pissed off or laugh ,it was mix feeling.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
amp316 said:
DMeisterJ said:
amp316 said:
Millennium said:
DMeisterJ said:

No, actually, it doesn't. It makes maintaining a close lead the best position, so that you can duck behind another player, let them take the shell for you, and retake first place. Such close leads, incidentally, make the game more fun for everyone involved. If you prefer adolescent displays of dominance, kindly play another game that panders to your fetish, rather than whining about how this particular one rewards playing in a way that more people enjoy.

Wrong again.  Having a huge lead is the best position.  Then the blue shell doesn't even matter.

Okay superman.

dude only the first 2 are fucked( more or less )

first if you are good the blue shell hits only you but you have a huge lead

lighting will hit everyone

and pow you can just avoid

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Cheaters are lame... They just play with no skills... just to annoy people...
I could do that and be first on the league... but then what?

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

kirby007 said:
DMeisterJ said:
amp316 said:
DMeisterJ said:
amp316 said:
Millennium said:
DMeisterJ said:

Okay superman.

dude only the first 2 are fucked( more or less )

first if you are good the blue shell hits only you but you have a huge lead

lighting will hit everyone

and pow you can just avoid

I don't mean in that order, and I don't mean one of each.  And it happens too much to count in 150cc.

I'm not superhuman. I just know how to play the game. POW block makes you lose your items. Nothing more. Blue shell stops you for a second. No big deal if you're far ahead. Lightning affects everyone except the person that's in twelfth that used it. It's not as big of a deal as people make it.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ is really a loser. He whines because he gets owned left and right by a "dumbed down" game. If he were skilled, he wouldn't have trouble to win races.

^^^ what he said ....

now get your ass online mr.roland and open the damn room