By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Blue Shell- Infinite Mode!

brawl4life said:
RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ is really a loser. He whines because he gets owned left and right by a "dumbed down" game. If he were skilled, he wouldn't have trouble to win races.

^^^ what he said ....

now get your ass online mr.roland and open the damn room

agreed

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Look at Roland and my standings in the Mario Kart league to see if we know what we're talking about. I'm better thatn most people and Roland usually beats me because he's that good. The game is based on skill. I don't want to hear from people that bitch about the 150 cc mode. That's easily beatable. I have a three star ranking on those and every GP.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

@amp316-----> Im a casual gamer in terms of competitve games like sports and racing games, thats why I dont know the strategies. I thought you cant avoid these things since the beginning.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

RolStoppable said:
kirby007 said:
brawl4life said:
RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ is really a loser. He whines because he gets owned left and right by a "dumbed down" game. If he were skilled, he wouldn't have trouble to win races.

^^^ what he said ....

now get your ass online mr.roland and open the damn room

agreed

Where are all the people?

this is a new low again...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

yushire said:
@amp316-----> Im a casual gamer in terms of competitve games like sports and racing games, thats why I dont know the strategies. I thought you cant avoid these things since the beginning.

The blue shell is mostly unavoidable. You need a mushroom and aren't likely to have it in first.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Give me a second guys. I'm going to kick butts.

RolStoppable said:

I did not whine about the game being dumbed down!

I enjoy the game lots. 

Just not having every item on this earth against me.

I think Ninty should make a room for MK Wii gamers that isnt prone to hackers like Valve did with Counter Strike Source like VAC.

Anyway, even with hackers I think gamers will not stop playing this game there are more hackers on CS but that didnt stop them to play the game...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

DMeisterJ said:
amp316 said:
Millennium said:
DMeisterJ said:
They should have never put the blue shell in the fucking game to begin with.

It makes being in last the best position.

No, actually, it doesn't. It makes maintaining a close lead the best position, so that you can duck behind another player, let them take the shell for you, and retake first place. Such close leads, incidentally, make the game more fun for everyone involved. If you prefer adolescent displays of dominance, kindly play another game that panders to your fetish, rather than whining about how this particular one rewards playing in a way that more people enjoy.

Wrong again.  Having a huge lead is the best position.  Then the blue shell doesn't even matter.

What about a blue shell/lightning/pow combo?  Fun right?

That'll knock anyone from first to twelth.

Nah, that's not the killer. Lightning is almost as bad for 2nd place as it is for first, and POW hits everybody equally, except for those lucky enough to have a ramp to hit or skilled enough to reduce the impact.

The real killer is having 2nd place be just close enough to launch red shells, then having 2nd place get a triple red shell after you've had your ass-armor blown off with with a blue shell/lightning bolt/whatever. If second place doesn't have range for red shells, you're sitting pretty.

Honestly, it's much harder when you aren't in first. Everybody in the middle is subject to a barrage of koopa shells, bob-ombs, super mushrooms and bullet bills. By getting away from that bloodbath, first place can cruise relatively unmolested in the front while all the other crabs drag each other back into the bucket. If you really think the occaisional blue shell is harder to cope with than all those other attacks, then enjoy your time in the bloodbath.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

amp316 said:
DMeisterJ said:
amp316 said:
Millennium said:
DMeisterJ said:
They should have never put the blue shell in the fucking game to begin with.

It makes being in last the best position.

No, actually, it doesn't. It makes maintaining a close lead the best position, so that you can duck behind another player, let them take the shell for you, and retake first place. Such close leads, incidentally, make the game more fun for everyone involved. If you prefer adolescent displays of dominance, kindly play another game that panders to your fetish, rather than whining about how this particular one rewards playing in a way that more people enjoy.

Wrong again.  Having a huge lead is the best position.  Then the blue shell doesn't even matter.

What about a blue shell/lightning/pow combo?  Fun right?

That'll knock anyone from first to twelth.

Nope.  Not anyone.  Maybe you. 

I've had blue shell at the last bend, followed by 2 red shells followed by being crushed by a giant character, then hit by someone with a star.  Net effect was I dropped from 1st to last when I could almost touch the finish line.  Blue shells are just retarted and I really really hope Nintendo remove them from future Mario Kart games or at least only let them appear when someone is like half a lap ahead.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down